Sunday, November 16, 2008

DRUNK BLOGGING IS A BAD IDEA

by Anne

SO OK I'M DRUNK. I shouldn't be blogging but WHHOOPS, here I go.

THat game sucked. We were winning 2-1 AND THEN SOMEHOW LOST 5-2 TO THE PENS. Pommer and Vans were all like "Woo! I'm gonna score and it'll be sweet." AND IT WAS until the 3rd.

FOUR GOALS IN ONE PERIOD. FOUR? FOUR?!?!?!?

I needed to ease the pain so I downed my usual G&Ts at Coulter Bay and Fat Bob's: Now with fewer bloggers!

Fortunately the night out was fun even if that game sucked donkey business. Some weird dude was creeping up on us while we were at Fat Bob's and some dude was dancing way too much for Fat Bob's atmosphere but our slowly disintegrating plaster pig friend was there so it was all good.

I just hate this team right now. Hate. Them. I really hate hockey right now. Death to hockey. Painful awful practices and bag skates and all sorts of awful drills for them all in the coming days. Except for Patches. He didn't play in either of these games. He and I can drink heavily while the others skate.

I don't even have the energy ot search for pictures of Adam Mair making funny faces. I hate them all and I want them all to regret the days they were drafted during the next few practices, LINDY. DON'T THROW THIS ONE IN THE GARBAGE. THERE'S NO MORE ROOM. I'd like to throw them all in the garbage.

How in the name of all that is good are we supposed to think we can compete in this league if we have collapses like that? Guess what? We can't. Teams that do well, that succeed, that compete for the Cup don't play the way the Sabres have played these last few games. Abyssmal. Just awful.

I know this is the gin talking but games like this one where we were playing SO WELL and hten just FELL APART make me wish I wasn't so friggin emotionally invested in this group of losers and ne'erdowells.

As a fan these last 2 games have insulted me. I feel insulted by the Sabres. I know they don't WANT to lose, but this crap just isn't cutting it.

Now we have three whole days to ruminate about the next debacle: Sabres @ Bruins on Wednesday.

I'm sure by then I'll have sobered up and might actually watch the game, but then again, in the clear non-gin filtered light of day I might still hate them.

I'm drunk.

Love,
Anne

5 comments:

  1. I happen to disagree with the title of this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anne,

    I have drunk blogged (frequently) as well. You have done well... no cussing! Generally a few truck driver slips happens and I say whoops in the morning. Oh well. I am hoping these boys get a good ol' fashioned ass whooping on the ice as well! Hope you don't have a hang over.

    Love and Cheers!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne, this makes me feel so much better about the loss last night.
    ...Okay, no it doesn't. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS TEAM? HAVE THEY LEARNED NOTHING?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ne'erdowells.



    That's all I have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so how was the hangover buddy? clear ur remorse right out huh?

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want me to use them, just shoot me an email and I'll take them down.

The Los Angeles Kings logo and Buffalo Sabres logo used in the title bar are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League; no copyright infringement is intended. If anyone is offended by anything I've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller Shutout" - A 58 minute, multi-goal shutout lead that is blown when Miller allows one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes. Because Butter Snap pretzels, like the Carolina Hurricanes, are disgusting
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Oscar - Anne's cat

Because it's never not funny

Completely adorable