Sunday, February 27, 2011

Well, well, well... at last we meet again

by Anne

Why hello, people who have not removed this blog from their blogroll.

It has been 2 1/2 months since I last posted in this, what once used to be a daily+ blog.

I'm sure you've all missed my witty banter with myself.

Anywhoozle.

When the All-Star weekend arrived, it occurred to me that I had missed out what has truly been the greatest part of the hockey season for me for the last few years: choosing the All-Star hotties team. Spending what usually totals HOURS pouring over Google Image results pages and NHL "Let's send the players into the real world and take photos of them with babies" galleries, I compiled a list of hot, hotter, and hottest players from each conference.

Reflecting further, given the free-for-all style of team selection this year, I have no clue how I would have selected my nominating pool. It used to be East v. West. What this year? Blondes v. Brunettes? 5'11" and under v. 6'0" and taller? The hockey players of Twitter? Perhaps I dodged a bullet this year.

YET I HAVE RETURNED IN TIME FOR THE MOST SACRED OF ALL HOCKEY DAYS:


Trade.

Deadline.
Day.

My lingering bout of the affliction known as "unemployment" means that I will be 100% available to sit on my duff at my computer, checking the tweets, and hitting "refresh" on various trade tracking websites, tuned in to NHL Live to hear the dulcet tones of EJ Hradek waxing poetic about the careers each player is leaving behind at their former teams, and the "give it to me straight, I can take it" trade reporting style of TSN's James Duthie. Makes you feel alive.

Ah yes, like Christmas morn, my birthday, and the day your tax refund appears in your bank account all rolled into one, trade deadline day is truly a time to appreciate the things you have.


Remember, 'tis far better to give Tim Connolly than to receive him. 

1 comment:

Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want me to use them, just shoot me an email and I'll take them down.

The Los Angeles Kings logo and Buffalo Sabres logo used in the title bar are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League; no copyright infringement is intended. If anyone is offended by anything I've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller Shutout" - A 58 minute, multi-goal shutout lead that is blown when Miller allows one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes. Because Butter Snap pretzels, like the Carolina Hurricanes, are disgusting
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Oscar - Anne's cat

Because it's never not funny

Completely adorable