Sunday, February 27, 2011

Welcome Aboard, Brad Boyes

by Anne

I hadn't planned on writing a "Welcome to Buffalo" post until after the deadline tomorrow, but seeing has how the Sabres have BLOWN THE LID off of the NHL late Sunday night, I feel compelled to welcome current newest Sabre, Bradley Boyes, to town.

Some pertinent facts on Bradd-o:

Full name: Bradley Keith Boyes

Born: April 17, 1982

Drafted: 24th overall in 2000 by the Toronto Maple Leafs

His goal scoring is... inconsistent. He scored 43 goals once. Just once. He seems to be more in the Pominville-esque 25 goal range.

He's a center.

He's from Mississauga.

Why, hello there.

WAIT. Is he a center like, filling in for Derek Roy or like replacing Tim Connolly after we trade him tomorrow? I hope it's the latter.

Remember two years ago when we all were like "CONNOLLY IS OOOOUUUUTTA HEEEERE!" and instead Darcy signed him to a new contract?

Here's hoping for there to be a new newest Sabre sometime tomorrow. :D

1 comment:

  1. Whoa! I just got home from work, scrolled through my "hockey" reader and this is the first thing I saw! I'm excited - he might be inconsistent, but he's certainly capable and hopefully he can click with a couple of our wingers. I've given up on losing Connolly (then if it actually happens it can be a pleasant surprise), but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he replaces Hecht or Niedermayer. He's at a good age and I think he's got a year or two left on his contract, so it sounds like they're hoping he's more of a keeper than a rental. Plus, a second-round pick is not nothing... (And an aside to the Hockey Fairy - All I want for my birthday is Rob Nidermayer on waivers.)

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want me to use them, just shoot me an email and I'll take them down.

The Los Angeles Kings logo and Buffalo Sabres logo used in the title bar are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League; no copyright infringement is intended. If anyone is offended by anything I've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller Shutout" - A 58 minute, multi-goal shutout lead that is blown when Miller allows one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes. Because Butter Snap pretzels, like the Carolina Hurricanes, are disgusting
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Oscar - Anne's cat

Because it's never not funny

Completely adorable