Sunday, November 14, 2010

Getting Our Money's Worth?

by Anne

No, this is not going to be an analysis of the cost of tickets plus the cost of nachos and beer at HSBC Arena or Ralph Wilson Stadium in relation to wins/losses/points scored, etc. This is about quantity over quality.

I'm supremely glad that the Bills and Sabres penchant for overtime is coming to a close. Well, the Bills has, the Sabres just can't seem to get enough of playing 65+ minutes. They're just so generous, handing out loser points throughout the NHL. No one can say they aren't givers.

I started to think about this post when I was pretty sure the Lions were going to convert on their last-second two-point conversion attempt to tie the game in the dying seconds. Tragically, they were unable to do so and the Buffalo Bills managed to avoid over time and win their first game of the season. They've decided to kick-off the second half of the season without the goose egg in the "W" column. Tragic. I'm devastated, I was hoping for another HILARIOUS overtime loss to further crush the fans of Western New York. When the game clock ticked down to zeros, I was probably the only person in WNY treating it as though the Bills had just been handed their first loss of the season. Nothing I want ever happens, it seems.

In somewhat related news, Eli Manning was just picked off in the end zone and the Cowboys ran back 100+ yards for a TD. I obviously loathe, hate, and despise the Dallas Cowboys BUT! if they win today, then the Buffalo Bills will STILL have the worst record in the National Football League and will still have a very very high draft pick to totally blow.

I may not be able to get my perfect season, but a girl can dream can't she?

In non-Buffalo news: I love the Los Angeles Kings. I mean, the Sabres have been trying harder to win me back, but it may be too late for them. The season isn't even 25% over yet, but the Kings have made me several offers that I just can't seem to find the strength to refuse. They don't need to take things into overtime, they take care of business in regulation. No loser points for the rest of the NHL being handed out by the Kings. Thanks boys, this might be the real deal.

2 comments:

  1. WHERE ARE THE UPDATES. WOW. WOW. WOW. WOW. YOU DIDN'T EVEN WRITE ABOUT THE 19TH WHEN WE WALKED AROUND SERENADING EVERYONE WITH C-LO (SEE-LO? CE-LO?) OR HOW YOU DRANK OR HOW YOU WERE TORN OR HOW THE SABRES WON AND IT WAS SWEET. WOW. WOW. WOW. I DON'T EVEN KNOW YOU ANYMORE.

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want me to use them, just shoot me an email and I'll take them down.

The Los Angeles Kings logo and Buffalo Sabres logo used in the title bar are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League; no copyright infringement is intended. If anyone is offended by anything I've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller Shutout" - A 58 minute, multi-goal shutout lead that is blown when Miller allows one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes. Because Butter Snap pretzels, like the Carolina Hurricanes, are disgusting
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Oscar - Anne's cat

Because it's never not funny

Completely adorable