Friday, May 28, 2010

Post #1,000

by Anne

Holy. Crap.

This is the 1,000th post that I've written. And, no, that number doesn't include the posts that S(h)ara wrote for Sabretooth's House. This is Anne-authored-post #1,000.

That is bananas.

Lots has changed since that first post in January of 2008. I know infinitely more about the sport and the culture of hockey than I did then. So much more now that I'm amazed my brain can hold it all in there. The majority of those 1,000 posts have been typed on this laptop I'm typing on right now. The first hundred or so were typed on my work computer (tee hee). 

Back in the days of early 2008 I used to do more fun things related to reviewing and analyzing games. However, I quickly realized that, while I wrote my own thoughts down, they were rarely anything new or revolutionary and usually were WAY TOO EFING LONG. I've written some DOOZIES over the past 2 1/4 years.

When I started getting more into the online world of hockey in 2007/2008-ish, I never would've thought I'd become a Los Angeles Kings fan. What the eff is THAT all about? But those adorable little whippersnappers just charmed me and keep me coming back for more. I just hung my Matt Greene jersey back in my closet while sorting my clothes and laundry. Who would've thought that I'd own a Matt Greene jersey? I had never even heard of Matt Greene when I started this blog.
Back in January of 2008, my favorite Sabres were Drew Stafford and Danny Paille. While I still love Danny Paille to a depth that KNOWS NO BOUNDS, he is, of course, no longer a Sabre, and his buddy Drew may soon be joining him in leaving the organization. If you told me that in January of 2008 that by post #1,000 that'd be the case, I probably wouldn't have been too surprised. That Craig Rivet is our captain? Never could've predicted that one. That the Sabres would play exactly six playoff games over the next three seasons? Probably didn't see that one coming.  If you note the date, I started writing this blog in the midst of a 10-game winless streak. What a time to be alive? I'm not sure I'd have been surprised or not that Darcy and Lindy are still around. 

Well, how many things have changed and how many things have not changed.

This past semester of school completely drained me emotionally and mentally. I wasn't able to devote as much of my free time to thinking and writing about hockey. This made me sad because i love writing this blog, ven though Twitter has taken over it appears. Whatevs. I still read all the blogs that I used to read before Twitter blew up, so I assume that some people will still read this blog. 

Thanks for reading my last 1,000 posts!



1 comment:

  1. You look very focused with your blog writing face, haha.

    Happy 1,000th Anne! Glad to see you're still writing. (: At least one of us is.

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want me to use them, just shoot me an email and I'll take them down.

The Los Angeles Kings logo and Buffalo Sabres logo used in the title bar are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League; no copyright infringement is intended. If anyone is offended by anything I've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller Shutout" - A 58 minute, multi-goal shutout lead that is blown when Miller allows one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes. Because Butter Snap pretzels, like the Carolina Hurricanes, are disgusting
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Oscar - Anne's cat

Because it's never not funny

Completely adorable