Sunday, March 14, 2010

School is kicking my behind

by Anne


Since I'm sick of being busy all the time, I decided to stay home and celebrate Pi day/ Daylight Savings Time Day by myself while my family goes to my sister's boyfriend's musical. He is not in it, he directs the pit orchestra.

Anyway. I haven't updated since Tuesday and since then the Sabres have had three games and the Kings have had two. I didn't watch any of them. :(

Here are some random uninteresting thoughts
  • Tyler Myers had himself a four point night against Dallas (1+3). Woooo!
  • Then against Minnesota only Thomas Vanek decided to score (twice). Is it that time of year already, Thomas? The time when you suddenly decide you like scoring goals and do it? Can every month be March/April in ThomasVanekLand? He scores a lot in those months, it seems.
  • Then on Saturday against the Red Wings, only Yoyo scored (twice). At least this time the game went to overtime and we still managed a point.
  • I appreciate the multi-goal games, boys, but you can allow the rest of your teammates to score.
  • This Torres trade is looking Moore-esque from my standpoint. Awesome.
  • Then the Canucks beat the Sens pretty handily to keep the Senators off of our heels for the time being.
  • Jonathan Quick became a daddy the other day so Jonathan Bernier (No relation to Big Bear) was recalled and started over Erik Ersberg. Can someone explain to me why Ersberg is even in Los Angeles?
  • Bernier won a 2-1 shootout game. Winning an NHL game on  a call-up is always exciting but what made it extra exciting is that it was a shootout game. Bernier is winless in five shootout games in the AHL.
  • Today the Kings play the Predators. Of course they will lose. I love these previews for the game there on the 30th. If they don't win another game all season, can they win that one, please?!?
Surprisingly, the bulk of my major projects for school will be over after Wednesday, so I'll have a little more time to become reacquainted with my sanity. 
Wooo! Thanks for still reading this thing! I promise this is all just a phase and my regularly scheduled hilarity will resume soon!

Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want me to use them, just shoot me an email and I'll take them down.

The Los Angeles Kings logo and Buffalo Sabres logo used in the title bar are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League; no copyright infringement is intended. If anyone is offended by anything I've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller Shutout" - A 58 minute, multi-goal shutout lead that is blown when Miller allows one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes. Because Butter Snap pretzels, like the Carolina Hurricanes, are disgusting
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Oscar - Anne's cat

Because it's never not funny

Completely adorable