Tuesday, March 9, 2010

What a weird game

by Anne

Often I fall asleep before Kings games are over because they usually start at 10 or 10:30. Last night was no exception.

It's easier to fall asleep when the Kings are winning 5-0 over the Columbus Blue Jackets. It's nice to wake up to see a 6-0 victory.

If you removed the team names and player names from this game it would've seemed like a Canada - Norway preliminary round tournament match-up. The Blue Jackets managed a grand total of eleven shots on goal in the entire game. If Quickie hadn't had a shutout his SV% would've been bad by even allowing only one goal. The Blue Jackets looked like an AHL team. They were terrible. Their penalty killing was pathetic. It saddens me that Nasher was the player in the box for a double minor when the Kings scored twice. Ouch.

I genuinely feel bad for Steve Mason. I want him to do well. I hate to see yet another Calder winning goalie become a joke (coughAndrewRaycroftcough).

Twelve different kings registered at least a point with all six goals coming from different players. Alexander Frolov had himself a four point night (1+3). He's really turned it around late in the season, particularly since the Olympic break. He's such a puzzlement. I want to keep Frolov but I'm not sure if it's going to happen. Dean Lombardi is no slouch and he didn't move Fro at the deadline for a reason. I predict that if they don't sign him, they'll trade his negotiating  rights for SOMETHING in return between draft day and June 30.

Sometimes weekends when you stay home and do work can be the best. Was it fun? No, not really but I'm not having a panic attack about all my work that was due today like friends of mine are. Ahhh it's so nice to be responsibility-free (no kids, no job - ok but no $-, no spouse). I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts which will not be much longer, I guarantee it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want me to use them, just shoot me an email and I'll take them down.

The Los Angeles Kings logo and Buffalo Sabres logo used in the title bar are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League; no copyright infringement is intended. If anyone is offended by anything I've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller Shutout" - A 58 minute, multi-goal shutout lead that is blown when Miller allows one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes. Because Butter Snap pretzels, like the Carolina Hurricanes, are disgusting
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Oscar - Anne's cat

Because it's never not funny

Completely adorable