Monday, January 4, 2010

Paeatscheshch on Waivers

by Anne

Nathan Paetsch was placed on waivers today.

I mostly don't really care. He's played like three games this season and has had flashes of relevance but mostly not.

I wasn't expecting this move but Patches is definitely a spare part that the Sabres don't need around. I mean, it's always nice to have that extra back-up player lying around but we have a lot of those. Andrej Sekera for example. We discovered recently that he, like Paetsch is a magical wizard and can play winger in addition to center. Magic I tells ya.

Not sure why he's being moved now but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.  I get the feeling that Darcy is trying to free up a little salary cap space to make a trade or something because no one that's a UFA or an RFA next summer appears to be ready for any kind of huge salary increase. I'm no good at speculating about what I think will happen, but I know what I'd like to see happen.

I'm always on board any time any one suggests a good trade that involves Derek Roy. Get him outta here. He's not a bad player but he's a pain in the ass and we could probably get someone better if we packaged it right. I'd be down with trading pretty much any of our top six right now, provided we got a better caliber top 6 player in return. Are we going to get Ilya Kovalchuk? No, of course not. But there are several teams that will be sellers at the deadline, and if the Sabres stay where they are or even if they slip a few spots (which they won't because the rest of our division is weak) they'll be buyers.

It's too early to declare which teams are going to be sellers right now, with three months until the deadline, well except Carolina, they're clearly out of the race. Muahahaha Butter Snaps.

Whatevs, I LOVE the trade deadline and I CAN'T WAIT.

Kings play San Jose tonight at 10:30! Woo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want me to use them, just shoot me an email and I'll take them down.

The Los Angeles Kings logo and Buffalo Sabres logo used in the title bar are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League; no copyright infringement is intended. If anyone is offended by anything I've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller Shutout" - A 58 minute, multi-goal shutout lead that is blown when Miller allows one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes. Because Butter Snap pretzels, like the Carolina Hurricanes, are disgusting
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Oscar - Anne's cat

Because it's never not funny

Completely adorable