Tuesday, July 15, 2008

BUF-DET-CHI Day 1

by Anne

So I've arrived safely in Chicago and I'm currently sitting on my sister's bed using the slowest internet known to man kind.

I have pictures etc. to upload and stories of my flights to regale you all with, but those will have to wait until tonight.

Today I seek out the United Center where both the Blackhawks and the Bulls play. Unfortunately their store is only open on game days so I will have to be satisfied with photojournalistic evidence of my presence at the United Center. Maybe I should call this woman I know who is like Pat Kane's great great aunt by marriage. Maybe she can pull some strings. Yes? No? I'll let you know what happens.

Then I shall wander about that area, depending on how sketchy it is, and then meet MK at like 4:30 after her classes are over for dinner and some drinks, because they don't have class tomorrow morning. WOOOOOO!!! Wasted on a Tuesday. Gotta love vacation.

I'll let you all know how my intervention with the Blackhawks turns out.

Woo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want me to use them, just shoot me an email and I'll take them down.

The Los Angeles Kings logo and Buffalo Sabres logo used in the title bar are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League; no copyright infringement is intended. If anyone is offended by anything I've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller Shutout" - A 58 minute, multi-goal shutout lead that is blown when Miller allows one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes. Because Butter Snap pretzels, like the Carolina Hurricanes, are disgusting
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Oscar - Anne's cat

Because it's never not funny

Completely adorable