Monday, February 18, 2008

Sick to my stomach

by Anne

No, the title is not intended to reflect my bout with the ebola virus I experienced on Friday, it is in direct reference to this weekends "hockey" played by the Buffalo Sabres.

I don't have much to say about that "game" S(h)ara and I "attended" yesterday. I choose instead to reflect my feelings in list form. Before the game, to coincide with the beginning of the big GMs meeting in Florida, I was going to make a list of players I would be devastated to lose should they be traded. Today, I choose instead to make my choices for that list in direct response to how Sabres hockey was represented this weekend:

Thomas Vanek (Woo, 2 goals in 2 games, there's not a whole lot more you can ask for...except the rest of the team to step it up as well.)

Patrick Kaleta (You DRAW those penalties! Woo!)

Drew Stafford (he's been granted immunity as he's on the IR)

Nathan Paetsch (Those baby blues! He warms up and then doesn't play ... :( I still love ya, Nate!)

That is all.

But, watching Goose larger than life on the HD Jumbotron holding a broken lamp and an aluminum can and raising his eyebrow all contemplative-like while reading the newspaper was the highlight of my weekend, so I'll also throw in:

Paul Gaustad (I WILL recycle for you Goose!)

That's it. The rest of you can go now. Yes, Sissy, even you. Keep it moving. I'm sorry Pie-YAY, we Pie Lovers are not feeling the love today. Grizz, let's go, nothing to see here. Pommerdoodle, stop whimpering, I know you had that big hit. Good, but that's not what we pay you to do. Boys, Millsey's gonna need you through this one, he's never been left off of a list of my most beloved Sabres before.

Ok, Britney, Staffy, Patsy, Goose, Patches, let's get smoothies, Sabretooth's driving. I call shotgun!

I was so distraught that when I saw Patches after the game, I threw myself at him:



Sort of.





I'm whispering all my sad feelings into Patches' giant ear

1 comment:

Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want me to use them, just shoot me an email and I'll take them down.

The Los Angeles Kings logo and Buffalo Sabres logo used in the title bar are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League; no copyright infringement is intended. If anyone is offended by anything I've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller Shutout" - A 58 minute, multi-goal shutout lead that is blown when Miller allows one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes. Because Butter Snap pretzels, like the Carolina Hurricanes, are disgusting
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Oscar - Anne's cat

Because it's never not funny

Completely adorable