Monday, May 9, 2011

Who'd Have Thought?

by Anne


I can't access Twitter or Facebook on my work computer but I can update my much-neglected little bloggaroo.

So it seems I've started a new job. Six months of unemployment was plenty, thankyouverymuch. We're fresh into week two right now and no end in sight. I'm temping in downtown Buffalo and it is LAUGH A MINUTE FUN. While this job might be wicked boring, at least it gives me time to update this. AND, if Iwork down here, which is right around the corner from the office I was working in when I started this precious little blog's predecessor, I will be a mere hop, skip, and a jump from HSBC Arena come fall. As it's not likely I'll still be working here then, I won't get my hopes up too high.

It's amazing how my playoff frenzied fervor immediately disappears when each and every team I have actual emotional attachment to is eliminated. First we said good-bye to the Los Angeles Kings, who lost in un-ceremonious overtime fashion at the hands of one Cap'n Joe Thornton. Then we bid adieu to the Buffalo Sabres who, it seems, could not recover from their back-breaking game 6 loss to Danny Briere and Pseudo-Pronger. Then the Penguins, who made it farther than anyone would've predicted without their two-headed scoring monster, were ousted by the bandwaggonable Tampa Bay Lightning.

The second round has almost entirely passed me by. Whoops. During the Bruins/Flyers series, I wasn't so much rooting for the Bruins as I was cheering against the Flyers... and a little bit for TimTom. Because, COME ON. It's Tim Thomas. How can you not love Tim Thomas? He CRAZY. And to think the Bruins almost parted ways with the crochety old net-minder last off-season.

It's hard for me to give a hoot about the Western Conference. The only team I actually WANT to win, is the Predators. However, if the Canucks defeat them, I won't exactly weep into my bowl of Special K the next morning.

The truth is, the reason I don't want the Canucks to win it all has nothing to do with the team or their fans or their city. The real reason is because I hate for the list of  "never won"s to get even shorter and my precious little Sabres and Kings are still sitting there, waiting for their turn to eat Special K out of Lord Stanley's cereal bowl.

Alas, if the Canucks win it all, I shall be happy for them and their fans. Totally jealous of course, but happy none the less.


Behbeh Alex Burrows thanks you for your time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want me to use them, just shoot me an email and I'll take them down.

The Los Angeles Kings logo and Buffalo Sabres logo used in the title bar are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League; no copyright infringement is intended. If anyone is offended by anything I've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller Shutout" - A 58 minute, multi-goal shutout lead that is blown when Miller allows one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes. Because Butter Snap pretzels, like the Carolina Hurricanes, are disgusting
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Oscar - Anne's cat

Because it's never not funny

Completely adorable