Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Letters

by Anne

Dear Kings,

Thank you for winning last night. I know it was in the shootout, which isn't my favorite, but at least you won. I appreciate updating the "W" column in your record. It is very enjoyable. Keep up the good work.

Love, Anne

 Wooo! Kings win!


 Dear Joe Beninati,

Thanks for developing an awkward man crush on Matt Greene. He is a "big burly beast," I'm sure he'll be glad to know you think so too. I am thrilled he has returned the Kings' line-up as well.

Love, Anne

What he didn't tell us is that this moose is named Matt Greene as well.

Dear Dustin Brown,

I'm sorry you were ejected from the game unnecessarily. Mostly I'm sorry you were ejected because you didn't do anything wrong. Also I'm sorry because you're on one of my fantasy teams and you killed my average time on ice last night. Please keep this in mind as you move forward in the season.

Love, Anne

I think this picture is from last season
HOW HAVE I NEVER SEEN IT BEFORE?

Looks like I found the front of this year's Christmas card.


Dear Drew Doughty,

Please wrap your head in bubble wrap and don't sit in any spinny chairs for the next few days. We'd like your coconut to be fully functional and ready to return to the lineup posthaste. I'm sure Simmer doesn't appreciate all the requests for chicken soup and foot massages. Oh yeah, and the Kings miss you. They're doing fine without you so far but they'll be even better WITH you. I'm sure Greener is trying not to take it personally that the first game you missed was his first game back. Bitterness between former housemates? Is there tension? Greener did saw Simmer's shoe in half once.... it's all coming together now.

Love, Anne


TIMMAH was kind enough to let you borrow it

Dear Sabres,

I have been having a bad few days, last night the Kings did their part by beating the Wild. However, I have no strong feelings about the Wild so that victory wasn't nearly as satisfying as, say, you beating the Philadelphia Flyers, my 2nd least favorite team in the NHL. PLEEEEEEEASE beat the Flyers?! PRETTY Please?!

Love, Anne

Does this come in women's cuts too?

Dear Tyler Myers,

You're  -8 these days. Please improve that stat and fast. My fantasy team would appreciate it.

Love, Anne

I see you are composing your thoughtful response.
Many thanks, young JBG


Dear Jason Pominville,

Please come back soon. We might not need you that much, but it's been weird watching games without you playing in them.

Love, Anne

I know what you're thinking, and you're right:
This picture will never be old.

Dear Squeaky desk somewhere in my office,
OMFG, STOP SQUEAKING, IT'S DRIVING ME SLOWLY INSANE. I SWEAR I WILL GO ALL HULK SMASH ON YOU SOON IF A SOLUTION TO YOUR INCESSANT SQUEAKING IS NOT QUICKLY REACHED.

Love, Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want me to use them, just shoot me an email and I'll take them down.

The Los Angeles Kings logo and Buffalo Sabres logo used in the title bar are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League; no copyright infringement is intended. If anyone is offended by anything I've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller Shutout" - A 58 minute, multi-goal shutout lead that is blown when Miller allows one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes. Because Butter Snap pretzels, like the Carolina Hurricanes, are disgusting
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Oscar - Anne's cat

Because it's never not funny

Completely adorable