Friday, August 20, 2010

Oops, I forgot a title the first time around

by Anne

Now it's mid-August which means it's voluntary Pepsi Center workouts which means it's almost September which means it's almost mid-September which means it's almost training camp which means it's almost pre-season which means it's almost regular season which means it's almost happy time.

The Bills (yeah I talk about them roughly three times a year) won their second pre-season game against the Colts. I only watched the fourth quarter and a handful of highlights from the beginning of the game. It's easy to get excited about big plays in the pre-season because it can be easy to forget that it's the pre-season when things are going well. Spiller, Evans, and McGee all had great plays for scores and Trent looked pretty good on a few of his snaps.

Jordan Leopold and Skippy haven't called me yet to procure them some properties for residing in during their tenure in the great City of Buffalo.

Brian Burke has done a lot of juggling with the Leafs' roster over the last few months, yet Tomas Kaberle is still a Toronto Maple Leaf. Whatevs, I don't particularly care. He was on my fantasy team for a while this past season, and I thank him for his meager offensive contribution, zero hits and 12 PIM. He can gather those anywhere. It's not like he's been dealing with fantastic chemistry and a dynamic pairing while wearing the Maple Leaf over the last few years.  Ship him out. The Sabres could use the defensive scoring but Kaberle seems like a big whiner. We have enough of those....Derek Roy, I'm looking at you.

I contemplated getting a minipack this year, and then Jarome (my Kia Spectra) needed all new brakes to the tune of $850. There goes my minipack plans. I'm sure I'll still score some sweet online deals for some games, and I'll definitely be at at least one game this year (Woooo! November 19! Woooo!).

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want me to use them, just shoot me an email and I'll take them down.

The Los Angeles Kings logo and Buffalo Sabres logo used in the title bar are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League; no copyright infringement is intended. If anyone is offended by anything I've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller Shutout" - A 58 minute, multi-goal shutout lead that is blown when Miller allows one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes. Because Butter Snap pretzels, like the Carolina Hurricanes, are disgusting
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Oscar - Anne's cat

Because it's never not funny

Completely adorable