Saturday, June 5, 2010

Um, Blackhawks?

by Anne

The only reason I felt I didn't need/want to put much effort into watching this series was because I assumed that beating Philly would be no problem for you. I do not like that this series is tied at 2. Do gooder when back in Chicago. NOW. That is all.

My sister will be in Chicago for her final weeks of grad school this summer, it would sweeeeet if when I visited for her graduation in the end of July, I could see all the "Woooo Stanley Cup champs!" banners and carryingson that are likely to occur throughout the summer. I would appreciate not having to see the losers and ne'er-do-wells of Philadelphia (my cousin included, but not his wife or son)* celebrating a cup victory.

Duncan Keith didn't lose 90% of his teeth just to lose in the Final. Brent Seabrook didn't sacrifice his beautiful face and resemble a yeti to give it all up against Philadelphia. Jonathan Toews doesn't look like Wolverine's reject sidekick to NOT hoist the Cup over his head. But for serious, when are we going to have a winning captain with a proper playoff beard? If Nick Lidstrom's is the most "impressive" playoff beard of the last three Cup winners (if Chicago wins, I mean), this will be sad. HOWEVER, that does NOT mean that I want Mike Richards to raise that Cup over his head. NO SIR. 

Niedermayer's was by far the best since the lockout:


2006 - no beard

  2008 - pittance of stubble, sort of a goatee.

2009 - Does that even count? At least you can see it?

2007- What a captainly face full of hair.

If Jonathan Toews winning keeps this playoff beard drought going for a third year, I can live with that. 


* For the record my cousin is neither a loser nor a ne'er-do-well, but don't tell him I said that.

3 comments:

  1. I don't think anyone will ever live up to Scotty's beard...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Playoff season Scott Niedermayer looks like the crazy homeless guy who used to scream at my dog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That photo of Niedermayer makes me want to stab babies.

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want me to use them, just shoot me an email and I'll take them down.

The Los Angeles Kings logo and Buffalo Sabres logo used in the title bar are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League; no copyright infringement is intended. If anyone is offended by anything I've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller Shutout" - A 58 minute, multi-goal shutout lead that is blown when Miller allows one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes. Because Butter Snap pretzels, like the Carolina Hurricanes, are disgusting
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Oscar - Anne's cat

Because it's never not funny

Completely adorable