Tuesday, May 18, 2010

School's Out for Summer

by Anne

My horrendously terrible semester is over! It was basically a disaster and will have to be fixed, but that can't be accomplished until the Fall so I shall simply enjoy my summer and continue my job hunt.

In the mean time, I shall be attempting to give a hoot about the playoffs. The World Championships have been an utter disaster. I mean Team USA playing in the RELEGATION round? Good LORD. I knew they weren't going to win gold, but I thought they'd at LEAST win one of their first three games. Especially since they were up against such juggernauts as Denmark and Germany. Alas. They've won their games against Kazakhstan and France and just have to beat Italy tomorrow morning. Actually, the game will be over by the time this is posted. So, I'm going to go ahead and assume they won. 

I don't imagine Jack Johnson will look back on this foray into international captaincy with great relish in years to come.

In Sabres-related shenanigans, I'm looking forward to this summer extra hard. My lifetime of Buffalo sports fandom has done nothing to convince me that I should temper my excitement. Trade Stafford? Trade Connolly? What will happen? Where will they all go? Will Marty Biron be back in Buffalo?! Could my heart TAKE that?! Yes, yes it could. 

For the Kings, the only really big question mark is Frolov. I don't think he'll be back. I'd be ok with him staying but I don't think he will so I'm ok if he peaces out. 

As far as the current playoffs are concerned I suppose I'm cheering(?) for the Blackhawks. This is a huge surprise to me. I previously abhorred the Blackhawks. They're all annoying and smug and their fans have turned each player's facial tics into a "ZOMG BRB SHAKING AND CRYING" explosion on Twitter. However, they are by far the most palatable team remaining in the playoffs and their few annoying fans (the vast majority I follow on Twitter are funny and entertaining)  can be unfollowed, and for the most part have been. Besides. Seabs wants me to cheer for them. Isn't that right Seabs? 


 Come on, Seabs, open the door.

Look, I'm sorry I called some of your fans annoying.

They all love you.



FINE! I WON'T cheer for your team. 

Whatcha gonna do about it?




You make a compelling argument.


Also, at least we're not Cavs fans. AMIRITE? Or if you are, I'm gonna go ahead and assume you're revving up the engine to drive Delonte West straight outta Cleveland. Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want me to use them, just shoot me an email and I'll take them down.

The Los Angeles Kings logo and Buffalo Sabres logo used in the title bar are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League; no copyright infringement is intended. If anyone is offended by anything I've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller Shutout" - A 58 minute, multi-goal shutout lead that is blown when Miller allows one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes. Because Butter Snap pretzels, like the Carolina Hurricanes, are disgusting
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Oscar - Anne's cat

Because it's never not funny

Completely adorable