Monday, April 19, 2010

Best playoffs ever.

by Anne

I didn't watch the Sabes game on Saturday because of bridal shower festivities and missed much of the Kings' game while out at a bachelorette party in the evening.

The good and the bad:

  • The Sabres blew a two goal lead and lost 5-3. Jerks.
  • Thomas Vanek lost the lower half of his leg
  • Johnny Boychuk is a d-bag
  • The Kings decided to trail by 2 goals for about half of the game.
  • Fortunately, Wayne Simmonds decided to tie it up and Kopi decided to win it in OT.
  • I really think the Sabres will be ok without Vanek for the time being. He was a non-factor most of the season; they won several games when he was playing like garbage.
  • Stafford is back. He skated with the team this morning after a doctor in Buffalo tightened the nuts and bolts that keep his head on his neck.
  • Miller was named a finalist for the Vezina. Shocking.
  • I hate this semester and all the writing I have to do over the next two weeks.
  • The playoffs are bananas
  • I love Dan Boyle
  • I love the San Jose Sharks SO. MUCH.
  • Where my playoff beards at? I know it's early but: bring 'em on!!

1 comment:

  1. I really think the Sabres will be ok without Vanek for the time being. He was a non-factor most of the season; they won several games when he was playing like garbage.

    I'd agree, but when I consider that Connolly and Stafford are both just back from injury and not in top form it is a little worrisome. (Saturday was kind of "Timmy's playing? ...really??"

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want me to use them, just shoot me an email and I'll take them down.

The Los Angeles Kings logo and Buffalo Sabres logo used in the title bar are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League; no copyright infringement is intended. If anyone is offended by anything I've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller Shutout" - A 58 minute, multi-goal shutout lead that is blown when Miller allows one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes. Because Butter Snap pretzels, like the Carolina Hurricanes, are disgusting
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Oscar - Anne's cat

Because it's never not funny

Completely adorable