Thursday, March 18, 2010

Wooo! I'm the best teacher EVARRRR!

by Anne

Ok, that might be an exaggeration.

However, I taught my first couple of lessons to some real honest-to-goodness students at a local middle school. Did the lessons go well? Yeah, kind of. Was I happy about them? Yeah, kind of. It was a good start I think and helped me to see what I need to work on.

Anyway, having gotten that under my belt, I feel capable of fully enjoying tonight's games knowing that I worked hard today... all while writing my lesson plan for Monday's classes. I like the teacher I'm working with. She's giving me lots of opportunity to teach the same lesson multiple times which is really the best way you learn how to teach effectively: trial and error.

I'm watching a replay of Raffi Torres be tripped by Matt Walker(?) and two thoughts come to mind. The first, of course, is this:


But that is beside the point.

The second is this: "Awesome, yet another totally ineffective #17." However, unlike the trade for Dominic Moore in which we (indirectly) traded Ales Kotalik to obtain a pick for Moore, we didn't really give up much for Torres. Think about it: we got a player who actually has scored some goals for NATHAN PAETSCH. As much as I tolerated Paetsch's existence, he was about 7/10ths useless and was occasionally handy if someone broke their leg in the pre-game warmups. The purchase wasn't all that exciting but it was a great price so I'll take it. Maybe I can use it later for something.

Anyway, the Sabres won 6-2! It was 4-0 for most of the second and into the third. However, the Bolts scored twice to make it a 4-2 game by pulling Nittymaki while on the power play with three minutes left in the game. The tactic worked once to get them their second goal so they tried it again; however, this time Vanek managed somehow to score in an EMPTY NET. Wow. Looky there Thomas! A puck in the back of the net! And YOU put it there! Hooray! Confidence, you has it.

The more exciting news is that Pommer got himself a hat trick!

As Rick said, Pominville welcomed triplets! With hats!

Yay Pommer!

Twenty minutes until the Kings take on the Blackhawks who have like three defensemen these days. Don't hurt them, I don't want any of you to be suspended... Greener...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want me to use them, just shoot me an email and I'll take them down.

The Los Angeles Kings logo and Buffalo Sabres logo used in the title bar are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League; no copyright infringement is intended. If anyone is offended by anything I've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller Shutout" - A 58 minute, multi-goal shutout lead that is blown when Miller allows one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes. Because Butter Snap pretzels, like the Carolina Hurricanes, are disgusting
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Oscar - Anne's cat

Because it's never not funny

Completely adorable