Friday, March 19, 2010

Friday night

by Anne

Sometimes there are days that both the Sabres and Kings play. When those days are followed by mornings when I don't have to get up early, I love them. The Sabres will usually play sometime between 7-10 and then the Kings will start around 10 (usually). When they both with it's AWESOME. When they both lose it is decidedly less so. However, a split evening is still less than stellar.

As you all know, the Sabres decided to win somewhat handily over the Tampa Bay Lightning.

The Kings were... less successful.

There are many nights when I curse my inability to stay awake for an entire Kings' game. Apparently I missed out on quite a stinker of a game, as the Kings lost 3-0 to the Chicago Blackhawks who have like four defensemen. 

It always sucks when your team loses but not much sucks more than being shutout on home ice. Ouch. Not good, boys.

I can't comment much on anything past the first period because I was in dreamland dreaming about my car being stolen. That was weird.

My previously DOMINANT fantasy team has been far less dominant this week. I have exactly zero points from my defensemen which is impressive considering I have Doughty, Kaberle, Lidstrom and Streit among others on my blue line.

Just over a week till I'm in Nashville to see the Kings! No one get hurt or suspended between now and then, ok? Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want me to use them, just shoot me an email and I'll take them down.

The Los Angeles Kings logo and Buffalo Sabres logo used in the title bar are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League; no copyright infringement is intended. If anyone is offended by anything I've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller Shutout" - A 58 minute, multi-goal shutout lead that is blown when Miller allows one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes. Because Butter Snap pretzels, like the Carolina Hurricanes, are disgusting
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Oscar - Anne's cat

Because it's never not funny

Completely adorable