Thursday, January 7, 2010

Huzzah!

by Anne

The first 2:11 of last night's game was sa-weeeet. It's like the Sabres were apologizing for all their slow starts lately. However in those four slow starts we were 4-0-0 so as one of the writers on Puck Daddy wrote, I don't really know what we were complaining about.

The rest of that game was a tad sloppy but at least 2/3 of our top six scored! Thomas Vanek and Derek Roy will be shoveling more driveways, it seems...

Myers got his fourth on a nifty shot after a very clean offensive zone faceoff win, then MacArthur, Stafford, Hecht, and Pominville scored the other four. It was an exciting game, however there were many downsides and extremely little hitting.

Speaking of hitting, I got my answer as to why Matt Greene didn't register any hits the other night against San Jose. It appears Greener has been nursing a sore back for the last few days that pulled him out at the beginning of practice on Wednesday :( No word on whether or not he'll play against Detroit tonight. My fantasy team needs hits. That is not a category I'm accustomed to trailing in.

I didn't get to watch the gold medal game the other night as it happened but I watched it today and WOOOOOOO!!!! That was such an exciting game. SO excited for next year. Defending on home soil! It made me sad to see so many of Team USA's top prospects belonged to such yucky teams as Toronto (D'Amigo) and the Rangers (Stepan). Hey, Jack Campbell's still draftable! Eh?! Eh?! Ok FINE we don't really need another behbeh goalie, but it can't hurt to stockpile, right? RIGHT?!

Nathan Paetsch cleared waivers. Whoopdedoo.

I tweeted this last night, but after Kevin Bieksa went down with a nasty leg laceration and will miss up to three months, I picked up Steve Downie on my fantasy team because Bieksa's biggest contribution to my team was PIM. However, Steve has not been delivering. He has three points since I picked him up but zero PIM. So: STEVE! Make with the puchy-punchy. We all know you like it. Thanks, Anne.

1 comment:

  1. What is PIM? You might as well answer this in another form other than responding to this comment since I will forget I wrote this in about 30 seconds. But I do care.

    Points in Minutes? Pucks in Midair? Phillip Isaac Montador? Penguins in Mittens?

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want me to use them, just shoot me an email and I'll take them down.

The Los Angeles Kings logo and Buffalo Sabres logo used in the title bar are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League; no copyright infringement is intended. If anyone is offended by anything I've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller Shutout" - A 58 minute, multi-goal shutout lead that is blown when Miller allows one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes. Because Butter Snap pretzels, like the Carolina Hurricanes, are disgusting
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Oscar - Anne's cat

Because it's never not funny

Completely adorable