Saturday, June 20, 2009

My Choice for our #13 Pick

by Anne

David Rundblad.

Why? Because he seems a decent young Swede and he already lists the Sabres as his favorite team.

I KNOW! I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT EITHER!

The truth is he probably accidentally left that part blank and they just tossed in the team with the least representation on the list.

Think of all the time that'll be saved wondering if he's going to bolt the second he can!

He's ranked 6th among European skaters, according to Central Scouting. He's a right-handed shot and draws comparisons to Mike Green. I'm down. Also, he and my dog (now deceased) have the same birthday. So far birthdays seem to be the thing drawing me to prospects. Oliver Ekman-Larsson and Ryan Miller share a b-day. Now David Rundblad and my long deceased cocker spaniel. Good GOD, I have such great GM skillz.

He's supposedly snappy offensively and most mock drafts have him going in the mid-teens. I formerly had my heart set on Simon Despres, but I suppose David Rundblad will be just as bad-ass, if he can be more physical. Lord knows we need tougher d-men, Henrik Tallinder. Toni and Craigory can't do it all, and Sir Christopher is still testing out his wobbly newborn NHL legs. Besides, Simon Despres lists his favorite website as "Fulltiltpoker.com." Please, Simon, everyone knows the NHL poker website of choice is Pokerstars.net.

Hold up, Rundblad has a teammate named Tim Erixon who's a "European" skater but he was born in Portchester, NY. He's got an American flag next to his name but he's listed as a European skater. How often does that happen?

Expect serious OUTRAGE if we don't draft one of these gents. Oh, but if we get another "He's a small, speedy scorer," I'm going to punch something.

ETA… thanks to Alix at Canuck's Hockey Blog for bringing David to my attention

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want me to use them, just shoot me an email and I'll take them down.

The Los Angeles Kings logo and Buffalo Sabres logo used in the title bar are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League; no copyright infringement is intended. If anyone is offended by anything I've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller Shutout" - A 58 minute, multi-goal shutout lead that is blown when Miller allows one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes. Because Butter Snap pretzels, like the Carolina Hurricanes, are disgusting
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Oscar - Anne's cat

Because it's never not funny

Completely adorable