Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Its Official (almost)

by Anne

It has been announced by the Philadelphia Flyers that they have agreed to a one-year contract with Ray Emery, formerly of our *favorite* Ottawa Senators.

I thought they'd wait until Raymond could officially sign on the dotted line on July 1, but they decided to jump the gun and announce it today.

Greeeeaaaaat. At least Heatley has said he wants to go to Edmonton, far, far away where he'll only bother us a maximum of twice next year if Edmonton is one of our three "at large" games. Peace out, Heater.

I can't wait for the "Emmmmmeryyyyy! Emmmmmeryyyyy!" chants to rain down from HSBC Arena, though, that will be fun to have back. Just as long as the Sabres are winning.

My best friend is moving to Harlem in August, my only solace is that I can have a place to stay when I get dirt cheap tickets to see John Tavares play next season. Nevermind that it'll take two hours one way to get from Harlem to Nassau Coliseum by public transportation and just over one hour driving. Whatevs.

I fell off my treadmill yesterday. Now I have a bruise on my knee. I'm one slick kid.

Still only Wednesday. Still 55 hours and 40 minutes until Game 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want me to use them, just shoot me an email and I'll take them down.

The Los Angeles Kings logo and Buffalo Sabres logo used in the title bar are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League; no copyright infringement is intended. If anyone is offended by anything I've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller Shutout" - A 58 minute, multi-goal shutout lead that is blown when Miller allows one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes. Because Butter Snap pretzels, like the Carolina Hurricanes, are disgusting
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Oscar - Anne's cat

Because it's never not funny

Completely adorable