Monday, June 15, 2009

Buffalove

by Anne

On Sunday I went to the Allentown Art Festival with Jimmy. My entire purpose for going was to buy this shirt:


It really does.
Especially down by the Arena when they're putting sugar on the cereal
Mmmmm

I don't think its much of a secret that I'm a huge fan of the City of Buffalo and Western New York in general. Therefore, I had no problem trucking down to Allentown and then weaving my way through the throngs of people to track down this tiny stand way off the beaten path.

Support your local businesses!

BorninBuffalo.net

They, of course, have at least one hockey t-shirt on there, because, let's face it, Buffalo is a hockey town. Maybe one day it'll be a football town again.

We ate the largest order of curly fries I've ever seen, drank some tasty lemonade and tried to go to the Wilcox Mansion/Teddy Roosevelt Historical Site but the house is closed until next week. Boo. They have a nice exhibit about the Pan-Am exposition and for our $2 we got a coupon for $2 off admission to the mansion itself when it opens back up next week. I went there a few times when I was a kid and I think its pretty neat to show the youth of WNY that our city and region have some historical significance, as sad as a Presidential assassination is.

107 days til the season starts.

I just discovered they have it in yellow for toddlers:


Love it.
Love my city.


1 comment:

  1. I remember seeing their online store a few weeks ago, and I did see a few people at the Art Fest in that same shirt! I'm sure when people who aren't from Buffalo see that shirt they just think, "What??" But that's what makes it all the more awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want me to use them, just shoot me an email and I'll take them down.

The Los Angeles Kings logo and Buffalo Sabres logo used in the title bar are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League; no copyright infringement is intended. If anyone is offended by anything I've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller Shutout" - A 58 minute, multi-goal shutout lead that is blown when Miller allows one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes. Because Butter Snap pretzels, like the Carolina Hurricanes, are disgusting
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Oscar - Anne's cat

Because it's never not funny

Completely adorable