Friday, May 22, 2009

What NOW?!

by Anne

So yesterday afternoon I asked for some Penguins heroics:


And Geno answered the call, three times over

An hour after the game ended, Twitter was still abuzz with Geno's heroics:


Malkin = bigger than Kobe

As did Chris Kunitz, Sidney Crosby , Max Talbot and Tyler "Fuggo" Kennedy and the Pens won game two of the Eastern Conference Finals 7-4.

The game was back-and-forth until Geno decided to quiet the B-Snaps down and scored his first ever NHL playoff hat trick. Can't let Sidney Crosby have all the glory, can we?


The tongue sticking out showz he's consintraytin'

The Pens take a 2-0 series lead into Carolina, where apparently, if you believe Butter Snaps fans, they will be completely obliterated and head back to Pittsburgh down 3-2, after only four games.

On the one hand I want the Pens to just take care of the Butter Snaps, but on the other hand, I want this series to go to seven games so I can drive down to Pittsburgh and watch the game outside with my wouldbe fellow Pittsburghers.

I suppose I could just wait until the Cup Finals to head down and watch them play Chicago*


Love

My new favorite Penguins bromance. Chris Kunitz and Jordan Staal:


OMG Chris Kunitz finally scored!


Love lifts us up where we belong



Dude, people are looking, let's go back to the bench for the post-goal-fist-bump parade



Yeah, Sid, I like you and all, but where's Gronk?



Hal Gill is a giant, and wants Chad LaRose to be well aware of that.

And finally, your obligatory "Jordan STAAL v. Eric STAAL OMG THEY'RE BROTHERS?!" photograph of the game:



Let's Go Pens!!

*(shhh, don't tell, I really think it'll be Detroit, but lots of 'Hawks fans read this blog and I don't want them to be more discouraged than they already are)

2 comments:

  1. You're secret safe with me, Anne.

    That LaRose/Gill picture is great. He really IS big...or Chad LaRose is a midget on the ice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Red Wings are just a boring team to me. Don't know why, but they are. Go Blackhawks!

    Also, I love me a good height difference.

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want me to use them, just shoot me an email and I'll take them down.

The Los Angeles Kings logo and Buffalo Sabres logo used in the title bar are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League; no copyright infringement is intended. If anyone is offended by anything I've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller Shutout" - A 58 minute, multi-goal shutout lead that is blown when Miller allows one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes. Because Butter Snap pretzels, like the Carolina Hurricanes, are disgusting
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Oscar - Anne's cat

Because it's never not funny

Completely adorable