Friday, May 22, 2009

Blogging on the road

by Anne

Here I sit in the backseat of a Ford Taurus, super bored and in dire need of a ladies' room. Currently the 'Hawks are winning 3-0. Wooo!

I have to say I was pretty thrilled to read that Mike Keenan is no longer the head coach of the Calgary Flames. Mikey was one of the reasons I had reservations about cheering for the Flames. He, Kipper, Bertuzzi and losing Owen Nolan combined to kill my ability to comfortably root for Jarome Iginla and my Vice Calgary WCB, Mike Cammaleri. Peace out, Mr. Keenan

Unless Pierre McGuire operates under the alias "Chuck Fletcher," I am none too pleased with the selection of the new Minnesota Wild GM. Come on! Please extract McGuire and Millbury from my TV, especially for NBC. If the NHL is hoping to appeal to a wider crowd with those two, they're fooling themselves. A combo of Duthie, Hrudey, and Panger would be much more welcoming to football fans, in my opinion.

I'm almost out of space so I shall say farewell and Let's Go Pens!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want me to use them, just shoot me an email and I'll take them down.

The Los Angeles Kings logo and Buffalo Sabres logo used in the title bar are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League; no copyright infringement is intended. If anyone is offended by anything I've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller Shutout" - A 58 minute, multi-goal shutout lead that is blown when Miller allows one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes. Because Butter Snap pretzels, like the Carolina Hurricanes, are disgusting
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Oscar - Anne's cat

Because it's never not funny

Completely adorable