Friday, April 3, 2009

Around the League Last Night

by Anne


David Backes, somewhat recently discovered pretty boy of the St. Louis Blues, scored four goals last night. In one game. Against the Detroit Red Wings. Detroit Red Wings 4 - David Backes 4 (plus he allowed Andy McDonald to score as well, he's very thoughtful that way). It was also his first hat trick. Congrats, David! You've definitely tilted the battle of Berglund v. Backes in your favor last night.


Your move, Patrik Berglund


Ah, the black polo.
Well played.
This isn't over yet, sirs.

Between them, the Canucks and Ducks (ha! that rhymes) scored about 47 goals and the Canucks lost in the shootout. BUT! They got the one point they needed to clinch a playoff spot! Hooray! Confetti and balloons!!


Hooray!
Playoffs for the Canucks!!
Good boys!

The Kings lost which all but eliminates them from the playoffs. :(


Clearly Anze Kopitar and I were the only ones who thought they had a chance a few months back.
But still.
:(



Dear Jack Johnson, Dustin Brown, Jonathan Quick and Matt Greene:

Join Team USA?! You know you waaaant tooooo.

Love,
Anne

Be honest with me, people. Do any of you care about the World Championships? If the answer is no, I'm fine with that. I just want to know if I'm the only one who loves international sports over here. I get just about as much enjoyment out of the World Championships as I do from the Stanley Cup playoffs, unless the Sabres are in, then the playoffs rule, of course.

Sabres play tonight at Washington. I don't have a good feeling about this. 7:00 puck drop. I don't want to talk about it.

7 comments:

  1. My name is Mike and I run http://www.NHLsnipers.com. I am just curious if you would like to swap links.

    Let me know in a quick comment on my site or email me: nhlsnipers at gmail.

    If so, send me the link you want listed.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do any of you care about the World Championships?

    Oh, oh, meeeeee! *practically jumping out of her seat*

    I'm going to see them, so it'd be weird if I didn't care ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to see them, so it'd be weird if I didn't care ;)

    Color me jealous!!! I really want to go to them. When's the next time they'll be in North America?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2010's WC is in Germany (and I already have tickets for that one too. I'm not obsessed!), but beyond that I have no idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2010's WC is in Germany (and I already have tickets for that one too. I'm not obsessed!), but beyond that I have no idea.

    I'm so jealous. Hahaha. If I only I wasn't broke as a joke, I'd plan that far ahead and attend. Booooo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, the black polo.
    Well played.
    This isn't over yet, sirs.


    Is a Zoolander-esque walk-off necessary for these boys?!

    Can't say I really watch the World Championships... sorry Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't watch the World Baseball Championships (and baseball is my #1 sport), so I probably won't watch the Hockey World Championships. However, if there is a player that I really like on one of the teams, then yes! I'll probably watch.

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want me to use them, just shoot me an email and I'll take them down.

The Los Angeles Kings logo and Buffalo Sabres logo used in the title bar are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League; no copyright infringement is intended. If anyone is offended by anything I've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller Shutout" - A 58 minute, multi-goal shutout lead that is blown when Miller allows one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes. Because Butter Snap pretzels, like the Carolina Hurricanes, are disgusting
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Oscar - Anne's cat

Because it's never not funny

Completely adorable