Friday, March 13, 2009

I'm Still Mad at Them

by Anne

On Wednesday I stuffed my jerseys and my Sabretooth hat into my "summer clothes" box and banished the buffaslug magnet from my standings tracker. He's sitting in my "Sports Crazy" coffee mug on my armoire. He is not going back on until the Sabres lose again.

Can Lindy still wear that flamingo hat? I would really love to see that.

I'm happy they won, but I'm not tossing my panties at them until they string a bunch of wins together. I'm also thrilled that there was no epic third period collapse and Danny scored the game winner. He won't even come close to last season's goal total, but maybe he's begun to figure out his game. (here's hoping).

I really have very little else to say. It was a great game but I'm still not even cautiously optimistic. I'm very much "wait and see" about this team right now.

Oilers WCB Ethan Moreau, who took that nasty hit to the eye about two weeks ago, was back in the line-up tonight! ... and the Oilers lost 4-3 to the Thrashers. Whoops.

In more news that no one cares about but me, the Canucks take on the Kings again tomorrow night. It will also be Sean O'Donnell's 1,000th game. He'll be honored by the team and their next home game. The LA Kings' Twitter was blowing up my phone all day with links to articles about OD and random factoids. I GET IT, LA Kings. I'm happy for Sean O'Donnell, but leave me in peace.

Relative of absolutely nothing, I really love this interview TSN did with John Tavares and PK Subban during the World Juniors this year. I would embed it but its been disabled.

I just looked up at my calendar next to my bed and Timmy is the month of March. He's wearing an "A." I have no recollection of him wearing a letter. It just seems wrong.

Also, he's growing the goatee again. Is the return of the fu manchu far behind?


I don't really like facial hair.
Scruff is fine but that's about it


Reggie's facial expression and mouthguard made me laugh
(click to enlarge)


Thrashers on Saturday, 7:00.

1 comment:

  1. i love that tavares and subban interview.. theyre hilarious.

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want me to use them, just shoot me an email and I'll take them down.

The Los Angeles Kings logo and Buffalo Sabres logo used in the title bar are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League; no copyright infringement is intended. If anyone is offended by anything I've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller Shutout" - A 58 minute, multi-goal shutout lead that is blown when Miller allows one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes. Because Butter Snap pretzels, like the Carolina Hurricanes, are disgusting
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Oscar - Anne's cat

Because it's never not funny

Completely adorable