Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Welcome Aboar--- eh who cares

by Anne

Ok so the Sabres signed those two UFAs. I've moved on with my life.

Nothing too new on the Favre Front. There's just a lot of speculation today because the news conference that was supposed to go down yesterday was postponed when Brett and head coach Mike McCarthy sat down for a very long (like 3+ hours) meeting Monday night. Sigh.

Who doesn't love that former White House press secretary Ari Fleischer is giving talks and advice to the Green Bay Packers on how to address the media? Brilliant. He runs a sports communications firm so he knows what he's talking about both with the media at large and the sports' media. The talks with Fleischer were scheduled before Brett decided to come back, but they couldn't have come at a better time.

However, we sit and wait to hear what happens next with good ol' Brett.

I'm trying not to let this situation sour my love for him, but its starting to tax my love. Hopefully this will reach a conclusion in which all parties are happy.

Sundin STILL hasn't made a decision yet. Almost every comment on these articles I've been reading have people feeling the same way about it: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD JUST MAKE A DECISION. Just sign with Vancouver and call it a day.

What a crabby day this is. I'm mostly annoyed with everyone around me, so things do not bode well for anyone I may encounter today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want me to use them, just shoot me an email and I'll take them down.

The Los Angeles Kings logo and Buffalo Sabres logo used in the title bar are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League; no copyright infringement is intended. If anyone is offended by anything I've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller Shutout" - A 58 minute, multi-goal shutout lead that is blown when Miller allows one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes. Because Butter Snap pretzels, like the Carolina Hurricanes, are disgusting
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Oscar - Anne's cat

Because it's never not funny

Completely adorable