Monday, August 18, 2008

Hey, I Have a BLOG?!

by Anne

Yo.

Soooooo I've been busy. Show, Olympics, students, friends coming in and out of town, etc. etc. AND there hasn't really been much to report from the world of hockey.

Ryan Whitney had foot surgery and will be out until mid-January. This is probably a good thing for us because he, clearly, does not play for the Sabres, and therefore his absence will be to our benefit. As long as his playoff beard won't be affected, I'm ok with that.

Mats might go to the Rangers? Yick. That's annoying. Why? Because then he'll be with a team that he can probably help out. Gross. At least he won't be in our division, but I HATE the Rangers. Apparently the Flyers are his #2 choice? GROSS. Mats Sundin has clearly taken my list of least favorite teams and opted to choose one. He's clearly not going to go to Ottawa or Atlanta so he might as well choose from New York and Philly if he's not heading back to Toronto, which is all but guaranteed.

Oscar had a veterinary appointment today and i'm sure you'll all be pleased to hear that he is in "very good" health and will still be bothering his mommy and cheering for Danny Paille for many years to come. He's only like 1 1/2. He is currently passed the eff out on my bed with me because he's TUCKERED OUT from this mornings happenings. Poor little man.

I feel so detached from hockey lately. Never fear, I'll be at the Arena this afternoon so things will be better. I may rub myself against the larger than life portrait of Thomas Vanek in the entry way, just to feel reconnected. Or maybe I won't do that because then I might be kicked out forever. Whatevs.

I think my iPod was either lost or stolen the other day :(

Um that's all I can think of to report. Classes start in 1 week. I should probably, like, figure out where my classes are and such. Eh. I'll do that later. I might need to start panicking about Pommer soon. I saw a labradoodle last night and had a mini-panic attack about it. I'm giving myself a week until classes started.

How's everyone's life? I have SERIOUS blog reading and commenting to catch up on. Phew. Lots to do, lots to do.


OH YEAH AND WHO ELSE JUMPED UP AND DOWN AND COULDN'T STOP SCREAMING WHEN PHELPSY WON HIS MEDAL #8?!?! THIS GIRL DID!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want me to use them, just shoot me an email and I'll take them down.

The Los Angeles Kings logo and Buffalo Sabres logo used in the title bar are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League; no copyright infringement is intended. If anyone is offended by anything I've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller Shutout" - A 58 minute, multi-goal shutout lead that is blown when Miller allows one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes. Because Butter Snap pretzels, like the Carolina Hurricanes, are disgusting
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Oscar - Anne's cat

Because it's never not funny

Completely adorable