Saturday, February 23, 2008

Game Day

by Anne

So, our dearest Captain Yoyo has a pulled leg muscle. Therefore, called up from Rochacha is Mr. Marc-Andre Gragnani.

Oddly enough, I just read an article about Gragnani the other day on the AHL report at NHL.com. He's been doing good things for Rochester since making the switch from defense to forward. Wonder if he'll be effective tonight. And he's cute too, see:



Is it just me, or does he have a definite "Danny B." vibe to him. It's probably just because he's French Canadian.

Welcome to the big show Marc-Andre! I find it interesting that I just took note of you the other day and here you are, worming your way into my SabreHeart. Granted, you're still in the back, I'd say you're on par with Kotalik at the moment, I don't really have any strong feelings about you, so you're ahead of Petey and Kalinin but not quite to the Roysie or Yoyo level, and certainly not anywhere near Pie-YAY or Staffy or even Patty, but you do have that potential, if you're BAMF enough.

Word of advice: I have a lot of trouble with call-ups. I've been on a roller coaster of call up emotion this season, please don't add to the mix, kiddo. Grizz has let me down, I don't even really remember Sekera and Weber, and then there's Patty, my Patty, aka current favorite call-up. As this is your NHL debut, if you only manage to score like 3 goals and 2 assists, I suppose I'll be lenient.

I wonder what line he'll be on? This shall be interesting. He's got a Kotalik-style soul patch going on, maybe he Timmy and Ales will be on the "awkward facial hair" line, that is if Timmy brings back the fu manchu.

COME ON BOYS! COME OUT STRONG! SPEAR DRURY! I mean...uhhhhhh.....play a good clean game...

(Private to Kaleta: Since you can't really hit Drury or Gomez, just hit Avery super hard a few times, thanks)

Sidenote, a friend of mine works and Camp Good Days in the summer and Goose and Patty came to see the kids and they knew when Kaleta rolled in because he drives a HUGE ASS black Hummer H2. We saw one last night and now exclusively refer to them as "Kaletas"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want me to use them, just shoot me an email and I'll take them down.

The Los Angeles Kings logo and Buffalo Sabres logo used in the title bar are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League; no copyright infringement is intended. If anyone is offended by anything I've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller Shutout" - A 58 minute, multi-goal shutout lead that is blown when Miller allows one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes. Because Butter Snap pretzels, like the Carolina Hurricanes, are disgusting
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Oscar - Anne's cat

Because it's never not funny

Completely adorable