Saturday, January 12, 2008

When you're down and troubled and you need some love and care, and nothing, nothing is going right

By Anne

Ok, SabreNation...

This is it. In order to avoid a franchise-record winless streak, our beloved Sabres will need to somehow squeak out a victory tonight over the Devils. We will, however, be without:

And, tragically, my dear sister, Mary Kate, will be in attendance, which all but ensures a Sabres loss as in every (and I do mean every, including at least 3 this season) Sabres game she has attended they have lost.

Soupy is finally getting called out for the comments he made in the YouTube video in which he referred to it as "the fucking stupid Ice Bowl". Ok, in Soupy's defense, I don't know that I would've been too jazzed about the idea of the Ice Bowl as a player. Granted, he should've kept both feet on the floor and away from his mouth and said nothing. Especially considering that, at the time, he was our team's Captain. Soupy is a figure in the Western New York community...what with those ridiculous commercials he always does, but as we love him as we've loved others like him in days gone by, this too shall pass. I, for one, will forgive you Soupy.

Coincidentally, he said those words at the Bucking Buffalo immediately following the last game we won. Perhaps this calling out will end our run of bad luck, and now the tension will be out of the air. Ok, was anyone really tense? I actually forgot about the video until I read about this incident on Shots Off the Crossbar this morning.

Oh yeah, and congrats to Soupy for the All-Star nod. The only 1 of the 3 we elected last year to go this year. Well done, Soup. I'll be rooting for ya!

S(h)ara and I will be at the game tonight. I told S(h)ara that I'm developing a hockey-induced ulcer. I think it might actually be true, as my stomach hurts.

Listen to this thing: Virtual Haircut, although you HAVE to listen through headphones or it doesn't work. I'm going shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want me to use them, just shoot me an email and I'll take them down.

The Los Angeles Kings logo and Buffalo Sabres logo used in the title bar are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League; no copyright infringement is intended. If anyone is offended by anything I've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller Shutout" - A 58 minute, multi-goal shutout lead that is blown when Miller allows one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes. Because Butter Snap pretzels, like the Carolina Hurricanes, are disgusting
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Oscar - Anne's cat

Because it's never not funny

Completely adorable