I've picked a fine time to post in my blog. How's about that lockout stuff going on? Yeah...
Anyway, I'm 27 years old. I started this blog when I was 22 and for years it was a really big part of my life. I posted in it daily, sometimes multiple times a day. While I don't love hockey any less, I guess I just got over blogging. I always regret that I stopped writing in here. It was so much fun being a part of the Sabres/Kings bloggosphere. I'm not going to write some grand statement about starting this up again because I know I won't stick to it. Ah well, we'll see what happens.
Speaking of being 27, I'll be 30 in 2.5 years, so I decided to make a 30 before 30 list. It's a list of 30 things I've never done or want to do again before I turn 30. My sister made one but she's 29.5 so she has a lot less time to do the things on her list. Mine can be a little more complex.
I wanted a place to put this list, and since Facebook isn't helping me out, I thought blogspot could do me a solid and let me post something not hockey related in my dormant hockey blog. Sounds good? Yeah? Right? Sweet? Ok, thanks.
Here's my list:
1. Run a 5K
2. Go Cross Country Skiing
3. Get engaged (this was added with the permission of the gent who likes it and will more than likely be putting a ring on it before I'm 30)
4. Climb a mountain in the Adirondacks
5. Take a yoga class
6. Get back to my lowest adult weight
7. Improve my Spanish skills
8. Get a massage from the massage therapist my mom and sister love named Jen
9. Take a Zumba class
10. Watch all of AFI's top 100 films (Using this list as reference, I've only seen 26)
11. Completea project 365 (To be started Winter/Spring 2012/2013)
12. Get a facial
13. Learn to play poker
13. Dye my hair blonde
14. Learn how to shoot a gun
15. Learn how to make pasta
16. Learn all the words to It's the End of the World As We Know it
17. Learn how to say hello in 25 languages (I'm up to six)
18. Go Snowshoeing
19. Get my ears re-pierced
20. Register for the bone marrow list
21. Get a spray tan (I'm thinking sometime in mid January, just to make it extra jarring)
22. Eat at the Chophouse/Oliver's
23. Leave a 100% tip for a server (Not at the Chophouse or Oliver's)
24. Do a pub crawl
25. See a movie by myself
26. Rent a nice car I would never buy for myself
27. Take a cooking class
28. Learn a new type of dance
29. See a Kings game in LA (this is the one most likely not to happen for $$ reasons and if this friggin' lockout never ends)
30. Learn to french braid my own hair
I'd better get cracking. I'll have plenty of time in between work and trying to track down all my favorite players as they've been spread out haphazardly around the globe.