Thursday, October 14, 2010

A Reminder, Please

by Anne

Next time I decide on a whim to pick up some Sabres tickets on StubHub, remind me of last night's game v. the Devils and promptly seat me back down in my chair. Thanks.

It was boring, frustrating, and mildly hilarious listening to everyone in the arena lose their minds, BEGGING for the Sabres to register their first shot on goal. There's three hours of my life I shall never recover. At least the game went quickly, not being hampered by raucous goal celebrations and whatnot.

The Penguins still haven't won in the Consol Energy Center. I wonder if Sid the Kid is curled up in the fetal position outside of Mellon Arena, rocking back and forth, begging for someone to open the door so he can go back in and play there. He appears to be that obsessive about his routines, this "brand-new-rink" ordeal probably took a lot of counseling and Xanax to ease his transition. 

Let's Go Buffalo.... or something.

SHAPE UP, BOYS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want me to use them, just shoot me an email and I'll take them down.

The Los Angeles Kings logo and Buffalo Sabres logo used in the title bar are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League; no copyright infringement is intended. If anyone is offended by anything I've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller Shutout" - A 58 minute, multi-goal shutout lead that is blown when Miller allows one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes. Because Butter Snap pretzels, like the Carolina Hurricanes, are disgusting
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Oscar - Anne's cat

Because it's never not funny

Completely adorable