Thursday, April 1, 2010

Controversy time

by Anne

I want to write a whole write-up of our awesome trip to Nashville but I need a camera cord before I can upload the pictures and I want to edit some of the video before I upload some of them.

Tuesday and Wednesday were some pretty sweet days for hockey. The Sabres welcomed me back to Buffalo with a lovely victory over the Panthers. Pommer leads the team in goal scoring? Gerbe AND Ennis scored? Woooo! Welcome home to me!

However, not everything is coming up roses. There are some awesome "controversies" both my teams are dealing with. 

First for the Sabres there's: how do we send Gerbe and Ennis back to the AHL when they've been playing this well in the NHL? Connolly and Vanek weren't playing as well before they were injured, why should Gerbe and Ennis lose their spots just because they come back? Let's see, four players who have proven to be prolific goal-scorers vying for a limited number of roster spots, especially with the playoffs upcoming? Gosh, things are tough.

On the West Coast side of things, the "controversy" a-brewing is a good old fashioned goalie controversy. Jonathan Bernier was called up from Manchester when Erik Ersberg allegedly strained his back. He played the Nashville game I attended a recorded himself a shutout. I don't think it was a surprise to any Kings fan that Bernier is better than Ersberg, but could he be better than Quick?  Terry Murray was quick (hah) to put it out there that Quickie is still the #1 goalie, but Bernier is getting the start tonight against Vancouver.

Yeesh, times are tough.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want me to use them, just shoot me an email and I'll take them down.

The Los Angeles Kings logo and Buffalo Sabres logo used in the title bar are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League; no copyright infringement is intended. If anyone is offended by anything I've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller Shutout" - A 58 minute, multi-goal shutout lead that is blown when Miller allows one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes. Because Butter Snap pretzels, like the Carolina Hurricanes, are disgusting
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Oscar - Anne's cat

Because it's never not funny

Completely adorable