Thursday, February 25, 2010

Yes I skipped class to watch the USA/Switzerland game

by Anne

Oh hey guys.

As Ron Wilson so eloquently stated the other day, if you were to have told me that Team USA would be 4-0 at this point in the tournament, I would've assumed you were on crack. 

Nevertheless, here we find ourselves with just that record. Now we move on to the semifinals round where we compete to see which medals we will play for. If we lose to Finland we'll play either Slovakia(!) or Canada for Bronze, if we win, we'll play one of those opponents for Gold and still get silver if we lose.

Now that Luongo's shown that he's Canada's man (and should've been all along) I feel far less confident about facing Canada again in either of those games. A large percentage of the credit for our win over Canada goes to Martin Brodeur for crapping the proverbial bed.

TONI LYDMAN IS GOIN' DOWN.

Hey, also, the rest of the Sabres are back in town! I saw Tyler Myers and Paul Gaustad on my TV yesterday and squealed. It's like I wrote once about the All-Star break, it feels like we've been cheating on our significant other with newer, shinier teams and players but once we're reminded of how adorable and plucky the team waiting for us back home is, we're excited for them to come back.

The Olympics have been a super fun break from the stress of the NHL schedule for more than just the players, the fans need a break too, especially because we were S-L-U-M-P-I-N-G before the break and slid into 5th. I'm not quite as concerned because we have three games in hand over Ottawa but we needed this Olympic break to wash that bad taste out of our mouths.

Hopefully Miller will come back energized and not drained.

I also feel as though I'm the only one who's glad Miller has been playing the last two weeks. He hasn't faced all that many shots (not including the Canada game, duh) and he's been able to stay in top game form. I'm fairly certain I'd be more concerned if he'd been sitting around for two weeks, especially considering he was slumping a tad before the break. I'm glad he's been playing, he'll come back to us still in game-day form. However, here's hoping Lindy gives him a game off here and there, he'll need it come playoff time.

Also, Russia, WTF?

1 comment:

  1. "Yes I skipped class to watch the USA/Switzerland game"

    So did I... I think it's obvious that you and I both have our priorities set right.

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want me to use them, just shoot me an email and I'll take them down.

The Los Angeles Kings logo and Buffalo Sabres logo used in the title bar are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League; no copyright infringement is intended. If anyone is offended by anything I've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller Shutout" - A 58 minute, multi-goal shutout lead that is blown when Miller allows one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes. Because Butter Snap pretzels, like the Carolina Hurricanes, are disgusting
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Oscar - Anne's cat

Because it's never not funny

Completely adorable