Thursday, February 4, 2010

Didn't happen

by Anne

There was a time when I had a normal person's work schedule: 9-5, weekends off, didn't take my work home with me. One of the top benefits to that lifestyle was that I had precious few things to interrupt my viewing of Sabres games. It became quite a routine.

I'd get annoyed if someone wanted to do something on a Wednesday night because I had pasta and wine and the Sabres game waiting for me.

Then it was back to college and all that that entails. Homework, reading and, this semester, night classes. I have three night classes, two of which are on Wednesdays. I initially thought that I would find this to be irritating, but after my first Wednesday night of missing the Sabres came and went, I don't feel too bad about missing that poopshow.

I checked the score on my phone so I'm relatively aware of how quickly the game went from 2-2 to 4-2. Having not watched the game, I don't feel I can comment on it. I could do what a lot of people do is pull from the recaps and other bloggers' writings but that's not fair. This isn't a news outlet, this is my personal ramblings.
When will the madness end?

I realized when I saw the final score that I don't hate the Senators. 

Don't misunderstand me, I certainly don't like them, but what I REALLY hate is the way the Sabres play against them. It's gotten to the point where I no longer hate the Senators because of Alfredsson, Spezza and Neil, to name those that are still around from the 2007 brawl game. I hate them because the Sabres can't play against them. Do they put too much pressure on themselves?

I submit to you all that I don't really care that they lost to the SENATORS, I care that they lost at all. They've lost two in a row by allowing 4+ goals. Maybe if we as fans stop caring so much about them playing the Senators, they will too.

1 comment:

Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want me to use them, just shoot me an email and I'll take them down.

The Los Angeles Kings logo and Buffalo Sabres logo used in the title bar are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League; no copyright infringement is intended. If anyone is offended by anything I've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller Shutout" - A 58 minute, multi-goal shutout lead that is blown when Miller allows one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes. Because Butter Snap pretzels, like the Carolina Hurricanes, are disgusting
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Oscar - Anne's cat

Because it's never not funny

Completely adorable