Friday, December 11, 2009

Patricks Patricks Everywhere

by Anne

Dear Patrick Lalime:

Sorry that everyone everywhere was pretty sure that you were going to lose this game for us. Instead, you and your teammates played an outstanding, close game against a really good team.

I hope that you don't take it the wrong way, this is, after all, your first win of the season. But it was a win nonetheless and you did good.

Thanks, Pattycake!

Love, Anne

Ok, I'm coming clean: I don't like the Blackhawks. I don't HATE them, no, far from it, they just annoy me, much like the Washington Capitals do. Here's the best way I can explain how I feel about them:

There's this really cute guy that your friend knows and likes a lot and they think you two would hit it off because you have a lot in common. You meet him at a party and yeah, he's definitely cute and funny and sure, you'll go out with him.

However, once you're on that date you realize all he wants to do is tell you stories about him and his "bros" and laugh at his own jokes and drink pretentious Polish beer he heard about while studying abroad in Finland with the aforementioned "bros" and he also probably is a bad tipper and excessively uses your server's name every time she comes to the table. So, while there's nothing really wrong with him, exactly, and he has some redeeming qualities, he's just a little too immature and self-focused for your tastes.

Maybe some day he'll be your type, but he needs to grow up a little.

Anyway:


I'm not sure if you know this, but they kind of grew up together
In Buffalo
I know, RIGHT?

Sabres beat the Blackhawks 2-1 in a super close game. I'm honestly surprised they played so well with such a good team. Yay Sabres! Vanek and MacArthur both scored their ninth of the season! Woo!

Also: RIP Mama Grier :(

4 comments:

  1. Looks like Kane is hurling. And it is so weird that Kennedy has no teeth. He seemed so proud of them.

    Also, mad props to Gerbe for getting his first NHL goal on Wednesday night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great to see the team working in front of Lalime for once. That was a really fun game to watch at home. I can't imagine how bonkers it must have been in the arena.

    About the Hawks - I can see how they be annoying, but I'm kind of charmed by how they all seem like they're twelve. Plus they're so fast and snazzy (I'm easy). However, I think we can all agree that Pat Kane is really, really obnoxious. I'm also not sure that he understands the purpose of a mouthguard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANK YOU! You perfectly explained why I don't like the Caps/Hawks. People keep telling me to like them because they're so fun and young and are SAVING HOCKEY! But I just find them kind of annoying and smug.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, what the f. I wanted to post a link in here but apparently I can't. That's dumb. I felt like I needed to leave a comment anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want me to use them, just shoot me an email and I'll take them down.

The Los Angeles Kings logo and Buffalo Sabres logo used in the title bar are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League; no copyright infringement is intended. If anyone is offended by anything I've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller Shutout" - A 58 minute, multi-goal shutout lead that is blown when Miller allows one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes. Because Butter Snap pretzels, like the Carolina Hurricanes, are disgusting
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Oscar - Anne's cat

Because it's never not funny

Completely adorable