Thursday, November 5, 2009

AM/PM Fail

by Anne

Ed. Note: I wrote this post to publish this morning but it didn't. Whoops. I scheduled it for 8pm instead of am.

Tonight my #2 Eastern Conference team and my #1/#2 depending on the day Western Conference teams are playing each other.

I'm not quite as conflicted about this game as I am about when the Canucks play the Kings. Quite simply, my allegiance for the Sabres comes into play here and, because it will be better for the Sabres, I'd prefer it if those two points stayed in the Western Conference.

I don't give the Pens enough love on this blog, mostly because once the season starts it's hard to keep track of them and the Sabres at the same time.

I still love me some Pittsburgh Penguins and it can't be denied that they're probably the best team in the East, maybe the whole league, but Craig Anderson and the Avs might have something to say about that statement.

Anywhoozle, I don't want either team to lose, but as we all know, in the post-lockout era, that can't happen.



NO TIES FOR YOU!

I hope that they play a good clean game, both teams have lots of shots on goal and that there isn't a blowout on either side.

The Pens are dealing with injuries to Gonch and Geno while the Kings don't have any major injuries to speak of. Advantage: Kings

Jonathan Quick has played very well for the Kings this season, but Flower has been even better for the Pens. Advantage: Pens

The Kings have the league's leading scorer in Anze Kopitar, the Pens have Sidney Crosby. The Kings have Dewey and JJ3 the Pens have Letangarang and Go-Go boots. Advantage: Draw

It should be an interesting game, a chance for the Kings to test themselves out against the best in the East.

Rob Scuderi's first and only chance this season to take on his former team. The Piece is ready for business, I'm sure.

Ok boys?


Raitis: Just gettin' ready as per usual


Eric: Gettin' ready to play my type of hockey

Sigh. Ok, well at least my two favorite blondes will attempt to keep things running smoothly:



Greener hears my cry for sanity



Jordan's ready to keep things clean and happy.

Puck drops at 10:30pm EST (barf)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want me to use them, just shoot me an email and I'll take them down.

The Los Angeles Kings logo and Buffalo Sabres logo used in the title bar are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League; no copyright infringement is intended. If anyone is offended by anything I've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller Shutout" - A 58 minute, multi-goal shutout lead that is blown when Miller allows one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes. Because Butter Snap pretzels, like the Carolina Hurricanes, are disgusting
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Oscar - Anne's cat

Because it's never not funny

Completely adorable