Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Life Keeps Bringing Me Back To You

by Anne

Even though my West Coast teams left me with some late nights this season, I still enjoyed them. However, since my interest in the Western Conference is merely a surface "I gotta cheer for someone" interest, I am extremely glad that the two remaining teams play in the middle of the mainland United States so that the latest the games will start is 8:30 when they play in Chicago. Nice. Although, now that I have nowhere to be before 6:00 p.m. most days, I could've handled the late nights, VANCOUVER. Jerks. I just washed my Canucks shirt and now I have to pack it away with my Sabres jerseys. I don't own anything with the Pens logo on it because I think its a pretty darn lame logo.

Ryan Malone is cheering for the Penguins this post season. I should hope so. He's from Pittsburgh originally, probably wishes he was still there and why on Earth would he cheer for Carolina? I suppose the reason this is news is because he's declaring any allegiance at all instead of the usual "I just hope its a good series" blah blah blah boring line so many players use. Ahhh, I remember to a year ago when I was deeply in playoff-love with Ryan Malone. How times have changed, right Gronk?


Adam Hall isn't there to hug his face into your armpit anymore
I loves me some 3rd liners
(Paille, Bernier, Staal, Malone, etc. etc.)


Max still has Iceburgh to hold tight, though

I'm surprised by how easy it is to love the Pittsburgh Penguins again. I didn't really follow them much this season, I was too busy elsewhere. However, I've realized after last night's game that they are still quite enjoyable. It all started in the Caps/Pens series when I realized that I wanted Sidney Crosby to win the battle of Ovie v. Sid, which he most certainly did in Game 7.

I don't know if I ever mentioned this in here, but I was so intense about the Pens last post-season that I wasn't sure if I would be able to fully commit myself to the Sabres this season. That was clearly no problem for me, but, still, that's just a snapshot of how I felt about the Pens last year.

Let's Go Pens!

1 comment:

  1. I suppose the reason this is news is because he's declaring any allegiance at all instead of the usual "I just hope its a good series" blah blah blah boring line so many players use.It is true facts that back during the '06 playoffs, Sidney Crosby was asked which team he was rooting for. He said Buffalo. I couldn't believe my ears.

    Also, I thought my Pens love would disappear but it has come back. They have won me over again this postseason, damn.

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want me to use them, just shoot me an email and I'll take them down.

The Los Angeles Kings logo and Buffalo Sabres logo used in the title bar are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League; no copyright infringement is intended. If anyone is offended by anything I've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller Shutout" - A 58 minute, multi-goal shutout lead that is blown when Miller allows one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes. Because Butter Snap pretzels, like the Carolina Hurricanes, are disgusting
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Oscar - Anne's cat

Because it's never not funny

Completely adorable