Monday, February 9, 2009

So They're Already in Buffalo Anyway...

by Anne

So if, like, between now and Wednesday, if they decide to call-up like Mancari or whoevs to help fill in for TV, how will this work?

The Pirates are already in Buffalo as I type, taking the ice for a practice at 11:00am and the Sabres will practice after. Both teams are playing in HSBC Arena on Tuesday and Wednesday, respectively.

Sooooooooo the Pirates have like no defensemen, could we, like, loan them Butler and Weber for Tuesday and then miraculously recall them and Mancari or Gerbe or whoevs on Wednesday morning? I guess so? Will they call them up earlier than that? That would royally screw the Pirates who are already shorthanded and its not like they have travel time to worry about what with getting from HSBC Arena to... HSBC Arena (and not the one in Brazil either).

I'm assuming we won't loan them our defensemen on the off chance they get hurt, but this Mancari/Gerbe/Kennedy situation intrigues me...

This is why the Flyers and Maple Leafs have the right idea, having their AHL team in the same city, the possibilities are ENDLESS.

4 comments:

  1. We could technically send them back "down" to Portland any time now, I suppose, and just call them back "up" as soon as the final buzzer sounds tomorrow. That'd work, right? I mean, they wouldn't have far to go, depending on how far the locker room they're using is from the Sabres' locker room...

    I kinda wish that, back in the day when the arena opened, the Sabres had brought the Americans to Buffalo to play in the Aud. It would've been so much simpler...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My brain is boggled after reading this post, I'll be totally honest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My brain is boggled after reading this post, I'll be totally honest.


    Ha, sorry. My brain was boggled while writing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I kinda wish that, back in the day when the arena opened, the Sabres had brought the Americans to Buffalo to play in the Aud. It would've been so much simpler...

    but think of the asbestos! haha

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want me to use them, just shoot me an email and I'll take them down.

The Los Angeles Kings logo and Buffalo Sabres logo used in the title bar are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League; no copyright infringement is intended. If anyone is offended by anything I've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller Shutout" - A 58 minute, multi-goal shutout lead that is blown when Miller allows one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes. Because Butter Snap pretzels, like the Carolina Hurricanes, are disgusting
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Oscar - Anne's cat

Because it's never not funny

Completely adorable