Thursday, February 19, 2009

Freeway Faceoff Winners: The Los Angeles Kings

by Anne

The Kings faced the Ducks last night in their sixth and final meeting of the season. As the two teams are separated by a short highway, the series has been labeled the "Freeway Faceoff". For the first time in many years, the Kings have won the Freeway Faceoff with a record of 3-2-1 (7pts) to the Ducks 3-3-0 (6pts). Hooray! Both teams scored 15 goals against each other.

I would love to say I watched this game from start to finish and it kept my full attention but that would be a blatant lie. There was Top Chef to watch and Carla won last night's challenge! Yay!! Carla is definitely the favorite among the people I watch Top Chef with on Wednesdays.

I tuned in during the 3rd period so I missed the most exciting part of the game. By FAR the most important part of last night's game was Matt Greene's two assists, one in the first and one in the second.

I can tell you're all as excited as I was to periodically check the boxscore on my phone and see his name on there while we discussed if Stefan's gumbo was authentic enough and if Fabio's drink was too sweet.

After I came home I checked the highlights. I'm beginning to wonder if Greener actually did assist on Jarret Stoll's goal that opened scoring. To be honest, the highlight starts with Kyle Calder getting the puck from somewhere in the neutral zone, skating in and passing it to Stoll. One assumes that the puck came from Matt Greene going off on a change? That or they just decided he needed the point and gave it to him.

The second assist was more obvious. Hard shot from the blue line, bounced off Hiller, Sully was there to tap home the rebound. Hooray!

The Kings continue to be a great road team going 9-2-1 in their last 12 games on the road. They were the only visiting team to win last night. Although I'm pretty sure Anaheim barely counts as a road trip considering its proximity to LA.

The Kings now have 59 points in 56 games, but are still tied with Minnesota for 10th. However, they're now only three points back of eighth place. Woo!!

Next game is tonight against San Jose. Errrr... They can't win all of their upcoming games.


Hooray! Moving on up!

1 comment:

  1. YA KNOW, LAST TIME I CHECKED, THIS WASN'T CALLED KINGSTOOTH'S HOUSE.

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want me to use them, just shoot me an email and I'll take them down.

The Los Angeles Kings logo and Buffalo Sabres logo used in the title bar are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League; no copyright infringement is intended. If anyone is offended by anything I've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller Shutout" - A 58 minute, multi-goal shutout lead that is blown when Miller allows one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes. Because Butter Snap pretzels, like the Carolina Hurricanes, are disgusting
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Oscar - Anne's cat

Because it's never not funny

Completely adorable