Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Your Obligatory Brian Campbell Post

by Anne


When Brian Campbell was traded I was firmly on the "PEACE OUT!" side of the argument. Not because I didn't like him or because he had become a turnover machine, but because I looked at it as, if we keep Soupy at an inflated contract, that might make keeping Miller more complicated and Ryan Miller is more important to this team than Soupy.

That being said, I totally miss Soupy. We could really use his scoring and passing from the blueline. While that is true, I really just miss him because I feel like the team isn't the same without him. By that I don't mean that Spacek is wandering around calling Andrej Sekera "Brian" and asking him about sweating problems, I mean that the team isn't the same to me. I always hold a special place for the 2006 playoff team, the team that made me love hockey again. So losing all the players from that team that we've lost over the last few years makes me sad. Ok, not all of them. Just Dumont and Drury and McKee and Grier and Soupy and Briere and Marty. I don't miss Kalinin and I won't miss Afinogenov. Ok, that's a lie I will totally miss Afinogenov. 

Anyway, I'm looking forward to tonight's game. This is one of those games that will probably feel more important than it actually is, but I love those games... as long as we're winning.


5 for 25



1 comment:

  1. Aww, look at his hair! No curls at all sprouting all over his head, yet!

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want me to use them, just shoot me an email and I'll take them down.

The Los Angeles Kings logo and Buffalo Sabres logo used in the title bar are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League; no copyright infringement is intended. If anyone is offended by anything I've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller Shutout" - A 58 minute, multi-goal shutout lead that is blown when Miller allows one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes. Because Butter Snap pretzels, like the Carolina Hurricanes, are disgusting
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Oscar - Anne's cat

Because it's never not funny

Completely adorable