Thursday, January 15, 2009

What a Ride! Can We Go Again?

by Anne


Ok, that game was draining. I'm exhausted, I don't know how the Sabres feel, but I'm ready for bed.

I was pretty disgusted until the third when the following happened:

Me[to the Sabres]: Oh, fuck it, just GIVE UP!
Rick: GAUSTAD SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORES!

The timing could not have been more perfect.

Then I was back on the couch and MacArthur scored and I got so carried away I threw a cookie out of my hand and down the hallway.

After the first, the game was definitely all Sabres, and they climbed back from a 3-0 deficit. My sister and I are probably the most ridiculous people to watch a hockey a game with. We basically yell about everything and varying volumes and with varying inflections but we always celebrate and lament goals scored the same way and we always bury our faces in pillows during shoot outs.

That game was really fun. Thank goodness we won. It's nice to create some space in the standings by winning, not just because other teams are losing.

I loved Royzie's little kick on his shootout goal. He's gotten back to feisty Royzie after his usual slow start to the season. Yoyo once again scored one of those "If I can't score on a wide open net, I'm quitting the game." goals after several failed open net attempts by his teammates. GOOOOOSE with another 2 goal game and another excellent effort that we've come to expect from him lately. Then we were treated to a lovely post game interview. Lindy was uncharacteristically smiley during his interview. Hooray!

Miller was freakin'sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet in the shootout as usual. Its really nice to see the old shootout Miller back in net. He wasn't sweeeeeeeeet in regulation but he hung on and kept us in there in OT. Dallas didn't offer much in the way of pressure during OT but Miller kept us in it anyway. Marty Turco played an excellent game and really stole that point for Dallas in OT. He was great in the shootout, denying the Sabres top shooters, but might not have been as prepared for Royzie and Pommer who don't shoot very often, especially Pommer. Kotalik used the move that won it for him the last time, but Turco was prepared for it. Maybe next time he'll go back to the backhand.


Happy 3000th Regular Season Game, Rip!

Just when I'm ready to give up on them they go and friggin' win. Saturday is a game against a team that's close behind us in the standings, therefore, we will almost certainly lose. Oh well, I will enjoy this happy feeling while it lasts. I'm still exhausted.

Oh yeah, and today my Dad called Lindy "Lindsay". Hahahahahah, Dad. Hurricanes at home on Saturday. Woooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Don't forget to vote! Time's almost up!!!

1 comment:

  1. Well, at least we both got to enjoy the game some, me the first period and you the rest. I really thought Turco was going to pull it out for us in the shootout. Oh,well. Congrats! And I'm a little glad for Crunchy.

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want me to use them, just shoot me an email and I'll take them down.

The Los Angeles Kings logo and Buffalo Sabres logo used in the title bar are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League; no copyright infringement is intended. If anyone is offended by anything I've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller Shutout" - A 58 minute, multi-goal shutout lead that is blown when Miller allows one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes. Because Butter Snap pretzels, like the Carolina Hurricanes, are disgusting
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Oscar - Anne's cat

Because it's never not funny

Completely adorable