Thursday, January 8, 2009

Mats Who?

by Anne

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I tuned in for tonight's Canucks v. Oilers game to watch Mr. Sundin, of course. Mats had 15:02 in ice time but 0 shots, 0 points, 0 anything. Its ok, it was his first game. In the third period he knocked an Oiler straight to the ground with one hand. The rest of the Canucks are so young that he did look a little elderly out there, but he'll get more spry as the season goes along. Aw, Mats. Hahahaha.


Mats, I've hated you for so long, it's going to take some time for me to embrace you on my Western team.
But I will try.
Promise.

HOWEVER. The story of the game was not Mr. Sundin, it was Mr. Bernier & his scrappy little fourth linemates. Steven scored 2 goals in the 2nd period, 12 seconds apart. Both goals were the results of Big Bear being the recipient of some amazing passes from his linemates. Burrows scored the first goal, assisted by Kesler and Big Bear. Then Big Bear scored the other two, one assisted by both Burr and Kes, and then the game-winning goal on an assist from just Burr. Yay!! He was THIS freakin' close to a hat trick, I almost had a heart attack. It hit the inside of the post before being squeezed out. Grrr!

I had hoped playing with Big Baldy (as Alix calls him) would help Big Bear, and it did, sort of. They didn't play on the same line, but Big Bear's play certainly improved tonight. Woo!


YAHHHH!
WHO'S THE FIRST STAR TONIGHT?!?
YOU ARE, BIG BEAR!

Yay!

5 comments:

  1. Hee. I had just come by here to comment to ask if you had seen Big Bear's big game. Awwww! I heart that third line so much. They were on FIREE..That almost hat trick was so heartbreaking, And Mats looked good, a teeny bit rusty. But promising. That all Swede power play cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So were they technically the 3rd line? The Oilers feed I watched kept saying they were the 4th line so I just rolled with it, lol. 3rd or 4th lines, they were scoring like a 1st line. Woooo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After reading up some hockey stories on Yahoo!, I knew that you would've had something to say about Bear's big game last night, Anne. I'm so proud of him!

    Oh and, it'll be tough for me to love Mats Sundin now that he plays for my favorite Western Conference team, but I'll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Big Bear! haha I love the look on his face in that picture above... he's like, "Yeah, I'm the man, what now?!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, silly Oilers guys selling those boys short! Hordi/Jaffary/Bolduc is the 4th line. Burr/Kes/Big Bear are the checking line. Whatevs. They kicked ass either way.

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want me to use them, just shoot me an email and I'll take them down.

The Los Angeles Kings logo and Buffalo Sabres logo used in the title bar are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League; no copyright infringement is intended. If anyone is offended by anything I've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller Shutout" - A 58 minute, multi-goal shutout lead that is blown when Miller allows one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes. Because Butter Snap pretzels, like the Carolina Hurricanes, are disgusting
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Oscar - Anne's cat

Because it's never not funny

Completely adorable