Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Everyone Lost Tonight

by Anne

Disney on Ice was so awful and I made so little money and I'm in a foul mood. This is probably not the best time to blog but I'm probably just going to keep going anyway. Maybe after this I'll finish that "All-Star Roster post" I've been working on and forgetting about for the past 5 days or so.

I both hate and enjoy working at the Arena. I hate the way some things are done. Everyone is obsessed with seniority and most everyone there has been working there for like 6-10 years. If I work there past next season (and I might even not work there next season) I'll be completely shocked. Tonight was almost a complete waste of time and I hope my sinuses bothering me means I'm getting a sinus infection so I don't have to go back. I (sort of) see every Sabres game for free and that's (sort of) cool, but so is watching the game at home. There's a lot more that happens during home broadcasts than away and I miss out on all of it. Whatev, I still have my health.

Then both the Pirates and the Sabres lost. The Pirates lost to a lower ranked team but they are completely beset with injuries. Kennedy played tonight but with a face cage and Gerbe did not play tonight as he is still recovering from his bout with the flu. They lost 2-1 after the Lowell Devils scored two first period goals and they were clearly only able to score one in the third period. Awesome.

Then the Sabres lost and I didn't watch much of the game, so I'm not even going to talk about it.

Hank is hurt. I watched that part. Great. Now what do we do? We're already playing Paetsch, Weber is still recovering from knee surgery and the rest of the Pirates defensemen are just not ready or not good enough.

There's still 45 minutes left in today, maybe something good will happen. At least I got to park in the ramp at the Arena tonight.

Danny Briere is still hurt and isn't getting much better any faster. Now he has to have exploratory surgery. Oh man. Maybe I should stop reading articles online that are only going to say things that are slightly to moderately depressing.

Here's my cat in a hamper, unable to figure out either how he got in or how he's going to get out:



Mommy, stop taking pictures and help me.
He's cute.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want me to use them, just shoot me an email and I'll take them down.

The Los Angeles Kings logo and Buffalo Sabres logo used in the title bar are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League; no copyright infringement is intended. If anyone is offended by anything I've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller Shutout" - A 58 minute, multi-goal shutout lead that is blown when Miller allows one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes. Because Butter Snap pretzels, like the Carolina Hurricanes, are disgusting
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Oscar - Anne's cat

Because it's never not funny

Completely adorable