Friday, December 26, 2008

Shmeh.

by Anne

Team USA defeated Germany today 8-2. Woooooooooooo!!! Sanborn native and Red Wings prospect Thomas McCollum made 16 saves in the win. Yay!

I vegged out at my sister's house with her cat while she's out of town. I'm nursing a bit of a cold, so I'm sniffling over here by myself with Maximus the cat.

I couldn't focus too intently on the game because of my cold medicine-induced haze.

I just about shrieked when they showed Paille basically pulling Vanek off the ice and onto the bench after he was hit in the leg by Ovechkin's slap shot. I was pretty sure his career was over... then he came back in the 3rd and scored a goal... ok then, apparently he bounced back? I wouldn't be surprised if he might miss a game after that.

That Ovechkin goal was pretty slick, I hate to admit. It was a combination of Ovechkin being slick and Tallinder being completely unable to handle knocking the puck off of his stick. That was a little embarrassing, Hank.

If I had to pick one word to describe this game it would be "scrambly". There was very little in the ways of playing as a 5 man unit. They all just seemed to be shoveling the puck in the zone and on net. For every frenzied shift in the Caps zone there was one in the Sabres zone, and back and forth and lots of scrambling.

To be honest, this game was so boring, I found playing Wii Tennis was way more fun than watching the first 2 periods of that game. On the plus side, I'm much better at Wii Tennis than I was before tonight.

I just might be better at Wii Tennis than the Sabres are at hockey.

3 comments:

  1. I was pretty sure his career was over...

    I WAS FREAKING OUT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was pretty sure his career was over...

    My heart did NOT enjoy seeing him getting pulled onto the bench. ); I was so worried!

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want me to use them, just shoot me an email and I'll take them down.

The Los Angeles Kings logo and Buffalo Sabres logo used in the title bar are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League; no copyright infringement is intended. If anyone is offended by anything I've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller Shutout" - A 58 minute, multi-goal shutout lead that is blown when Miller allows one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes. Because Butter Snap pretzels, like the Carolina Hurricanes, are disgusting
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Oscar - Anne's cat

Because it's never not funny

Completely adorable