Saturday, December 27, 2008

Home, Home on the Couch

by Anne


Things I miss by not watching home games on TV:

*My GOD, Mike Robitaille's face is the same color as his orange paisley tie. I hope you all appreciate this and don't take it for granted.

*Copious replays. I'm usually in the seats with my back to the ice when goals are scored. The Arena dudes only replay the goal once, so if you missed the initial replay of a goal or penalty or big save or anything, you missed out. On MSG they show you everything at least 2 or 3 times, and then RJ and Harry talk about it forever.

*Rayzor and Robi fighting about stuff. Its great. I missed it terribly. They both try to act all "I PLAYED, I KNOW." Its great. Then Harry jumps in and tries to play Switzerland.

*Post game interviews with the players in the locker room. They're fun, I enjoy them.

Stuff in general:

Derek Roy is a man possessed. I'm amazed he doesn't have about 10 more goals at this point, he's all over the damn place. He had over 28 minutes of ice time and 8 shots on goal. Woo!

Thank you for clarifying, Rayzor. I was pretty darn confused as to why Pommer was the first player in on the face off at the end of the 2nd, got thrown out and then Royzie was in. Pommer was being a good teammate and covering for Royzie so the Sabres didn't get penalized for Royzie being late to the face-off. Good boy Pommer.

I really hate that Steve Tasker says "ve-HICK-ull".

I love the "Praise the LORD" Jason Pominville goal celebration. Also, Yoyo's comment to Rayzor that he'd quit the game if he couldn't put the puck in that wide open net was priceless.

Its amazing how different over time can feel. If your team was the team to come back, overtime is "Wow! I can't believe we tied it up! We got a point!" If your team had a TWO GOAL LEAD over THE ISLANDERS and then THE ISLANDERS TIE IT WITH TWO FRIGGIN SECONDS LEFT.... over time is not a joyous five minutes or less.

Thank goodness they showed up for the shootout. Okposo had a good fake, but Miller was ready for it. Kotalik went to his tried and true back hand blocker side.

Kennedy didn't appear on the score sheet,

Anyway, a win is a win, but that wasn't a win to write home about.

I may hate the Senators but I like the font they use for the numbers on their jerseys.

Funny face of the game award goes to this fan in the Santa hat.


Not used to sitting so close?
Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want me to use them, just shoot me an email and I'll take them down.

The Los Angeles Kings logo and Buffalo Sabres logo used in the title bar are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League; no copyright infringement is intended. If anyone is offended by anything I've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller Shutout" - A 58 minute, multi-goal shutout lead that is blown when Miller allows one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes. Because Butter Snap pretzels, like the Carolina Hurricanes, are disgusting
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Oscar - Anne's cat

Because it's never not funny

Completely adorable