Thursday, December 4, 2008

900/1500 Ain't Bad

by Anne

I have to write a 1500 word paper today and I have almost 900 words so I'm taking a wee little break to bring you all some news:

Target brand "oreos" are not even a close approximation to real Oreos. The only good generic Oreos are Wegman's brand. You have been warned. Don't buy them just because an entire pack costs $1.75.

Doof has made the journey to Florida. Wooooooo!!!! Time to bust out one of those pictures that kicks around on my hard drive until I find a reason to use it:


Make our defense better, pleaseandthanks

Normally I'd be all "Psh its the Panthers, we'll be fine." But they blanked the Rangers the other night and are 3-0-2 in their last 5.

Since when does the cross-eyed leaping cat have a broken stick in its paws?


See?:


On their site today


Actual Logo

Is that like the "scrambling to make a deadline 3rd logo?"

Designer #1 "CRAP! Jim! We forgot to design a new logo for the jersey! Its due in ten minutes!"
Designer #2: "Eh, just put a hockey stick in the panthers' paws and we'll work on the logo when they reject that one."

Whoops.

I am on PINS AND NEEDLES waiting to hear about Sean Avery. And by "on pins and needles" I of course mean "have a normal human amount of interest".

1 comment:

  1. Whoever that is sitting behind Doof has a great smile. I just realized by reading this article that you will not be at my concert tonight. What a poohead. P.S. Your text message made me l.o.l. at school.

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want me to use them, just shoot me an email and I'll take them down.

The Los Angeles Kings logo and Buffalo Sabres logo used in the title bar are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League; no copyright infringement is intended. If anyone is offended by anything I've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller Shutout" - A 58 minute, multi-goal shutout lead that is blown when Miller allows one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes. Because Butter Snap pretzels, like the Carolina Hurricanes, are disgusting
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Oscar - Anne's cat

Because it's never not funny

Completely adorable