Thursday, November 6, 2008

Pirates Win Again!

by Anne


Pirates won a big game in Worchester last night to take the lead in the Atlantic division!!

Three familiar players had multi point games: Gerbe (3+1) +1 (first pro hat trick!!!), Mancari (2+1) +2 and Kennedy (0+3) +1. GerbeDerby also had a game-high 6 shots on goal.

I'm just about ready for Mark Mancari to move up to Buffalo. He's really been bringing his game this season and I'd love to see if he can move that into the NHL. I'm obviously looking forward to Gerbe, but he needs more defense before he comes up here. What a difference for Mancari this season. He's a new player in Portland, third in the entire AHL in points with 17 (7+10). FYI, Kennedy is 5th in the AHL in points with 15 (3+12) and 2nd in assists. Gerbe is 6th in points with 13 (10+3) and 2nd in goals.

TK improves his point streak to 9 games!!!

This win improves the Pirates to 7-1-1. WOO!


TRIO OF HOTNESS

Dear Kyle McLaren,

I know the girls of Slightly Saucy love you, especially Soph, HOWEVER I MUST CHIDE YOU. Please do not club Nathan Gerbe in the face with your forearm after the buzzer signaling the end of the 2nd period. I don't appreciate that. Its a good thing Gerbe is not afraid of you. I kind of am, but I am not Nathan Gerbe in spite of my best efforts. I know you're upset about no longer being in the NHL, but Nathan has not yet even reached the NHL, and we in Buffalo hope he will get here some day soon. C'mon, Kyle, he's probably like the same height as your daughter.

Thanks!

You managed to be +2 this game which is impressive. I hope you return to the NHL soon, for Soph's sake.

Love,
Anne

Kevin Weekes nabbed a shoot out win for the Devils tonight against the Lightning, allowing only 1 goal on 3 shootout attempts and making 24 saves in regulation and OT. The real winner tonight was the Devils offense, peppering Tampa Bay with 38 shots through the first 65 minutes of play and scoring twice in the shootout. 1 game down.... 30 games to go....

WCB Watch

Ethan Moreau scored a short handed goal in a 5-4 loss to the Columbus Blue Jackets. Rick Nash had 1 assist. Helpers are nice, but you're pretty good at scoring goals, Nasher, please get to gettin'.

He hits


And SCORES!!!!

I gave up on the Ducks/Blues game after the first period because Tuesday night's election shenanigans kept me up late and I needed to pass out.

Three days in a row without a Sabres game is wayyyyyyy toooooo loonnnnngggg. Just like all of those words were.

2 comments:

  1. Please don't hold it against him, Anne, he's just maddened with grief. To be physically closer to Jess, you and me, but still to be so far.

    Plus, Jess suggested that maybe Nathan Gerbe made some off color comment about how he had friended you, but only with a limited-profile-view. So Kyle was probably defending your honor. Because that's just want he does.

    And you know what else else? The man is a stick, he's all limbs. He can't control his elbows and Gerbe was just an unfortunate casualty. That being said, I didn't actually watch any of this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please don't hold it against him, Anne, he's just maddened with grief. To be physically closer to Jess, you and me, but still to be so far.

    Its true, he's lashing out like the dumped girl on prom night, he's a wreck.

    Plus, Jess suggested that maybe Nathan Gerbe made some off color comment about how he had friended you, but only with a limited-profile-view. So Kyle was probably defending your honor. Because that's just want he does.

    OF COURSE! KYLE MCLAREN IS THINKING ONLY OF MY EMOTIONAL WELFARE. *AND* HE'S JUST PREPPING GERBE FOR THE BIG SHOW. He's really just being thoughtful!! He's probably also upset because he heard he would've been my Sharks WCB and Nathan Gerbe is taking my default SabreLove for granted. Kyle's totally my non-Pirates AHL Boyfriend.

    And you know what else else? The man is a stick, he's all limbs. He can't control his elbows and Gerbe was just an unfortunate casualty. That being said, I didn't actually watch any of this...

    True dat... and I didn't watch it either, just listened to it, so my perception of the incident is skewed by the Pirates-friendly announcer who witnessed it, not my own 2 eyeballs.

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want me to use them, just shoot me an email and I'll take them down.

The Los Angeles Kings logo and Buffalo Sabres logo used in the title bar are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League; no copyright infringement is intended. If anyone is offended by anything I've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller Shutout" - A 58 minute, multi-goal shutout lead that is blown when Miller allows one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes. Because Butter Snap pretzels, like the Carolina Hurricanes, are disgusting
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Oscar - Anne's cat

Because it's never not funny

Completely adorable