Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Almost Thanksgiving!

by Anne

So, as per usual I was bored last night and avoiding working on a paper so I tuned in for period 3 of the Canucks taking on Detroit. I don't know why, but every time I tune into a non-Sabres game its a thrilling OT finish.

Sami Saloooooo!!!! He was CRYING for that puck that entire power play in OT.

Big Bear left the game in the first with an injury :(


They showed me his picture but didn't tell me what was wrong with him!!!

AHHHHHH!!! SOPH JUST COMMENTED ON MY PREVIOUS POST WHILE I WAS WRITING THIS AND TOLD ME BIG BEAR COLLIDED WITH (former Red Wings WCB) BRETT LEBDA AND THAT CAUSED HIS INJURY.

Look, LEBDA, taking out STEVIE BEAR does NOT make you earn your spot back! In fact, you're so far OUT of your spot now that you shall NEVER retake it!! YER DEAD TO ME LEBDA. DEAD. TO ME. I SPIT ON YOU. PATOOEY. CAP'N LIDS! TAKE CARE OF THIS.

Notes: Salo returned after missing two games with the flu, but Vancouver lost RW Steve Bernier to an undisclosed injury midway through the first period. ...

Never has the word "undisclosed" caused me so much heartache and strife.

Thank goodness I named Ryan Kesler my Vice-Canucks WCB this afternoon. He was ready to fill in and gave some great effort for the team. And mostly, I'm sure, because he knew I was distraught over Steven and he wanted to give me something to smile about.

Anyway, the Canucks got a solid game out of Sanford and they gave him the win. They only had like 16 shots in regulation but they managed to get 2 past Osgood. Wooooo! Maybe Curtis Sanford will be the goalie equivalent of Matt Cassel. BTW, Matt Cassel= not in New England next season. Kansas City, Minnesota and a few other teams could use him. Right. Hockey.

Poor Ryan O'Byrne accidentally scored on his own empty net on a delayed penalty and basically gave the Islanders the game, as that goal tied it up at 3 and sent it to OT. I'd be scared for your life, Ryan. I'm sure the crowd in the Bell Centre was TOTALLY forgiving... :-/

Oh, I was wrong when I said Mason Raymond was the worst current hockey name. Blair Betts. So much worse. Brooks Orpik is up there too, except he was named after Herb Brooks which is the only thing that saves it for him.

STILL DEAD TO ME, LEBDA.

Today I bake a few pies in preps for Thanksgiving. Woooooo!! I've never made a pumpkin pie and I don't actually like pumpkin pie so this should be interesting.

2 comments:

  1. Apparently it's one of those "upper body: injuries. Maybe his shoulder. Poor Big Bear! I immediately thought of you. The Canucks called another forward up from the farm team, but I still hope he's not out too long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WANT SOME PUMPKIN PIE.

    I have a feeling most of us girlies around the blogosphere are taking note of Ryan Kesler, haha. He is such a good looking man. But poor Bear! ):

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want me to use them, just shoot me an email and I'll take them down.

The Los Angeles Kings logo and Buffalo Sabres logo used in the title bar are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League; no copyright infringement is intended. If anyone is offended by anything I've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller Shutout" - A 58 minute, multi-goal shutout lead that is blown when Miller allows one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes. Because Butter Snap pretzels, like the Carolina Hurricanes, are disgusting
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Oscar - Anne's cat

Because it's never not funny

Completely adorable