Sunday, October 26, 2008

YIKES, What a Busy Saturday

by Anne


THAT AVS GOAL WAS TOTAL BS AND MY LOVE FOR DANNY PAILLE CONTINUES TO GROW EXPONENTIALLY. WE WERE TREATED TO AN ADORABLE INTERVIEW FEATURING JM LILES' MILLION DOLLAR SMILE SO THANK YOU FOR THAT AND I COULDN'T HEAR DANNY PAILLE'S INTERVIEW BUT HE LOOKED CUDDLY AND SWEET FACED. OTHERWISE, BLAH.

That is all I have to say about that, except that I hope Hank is ok after getting sliced up in the first period. I thought something was off about our defense but I incorrectly thought Spacek was MIA, it was, in fact, Hank the Tank.

BLAH.

So the curse is gone in Philly, the Flyers won their second game in a row against the Devils, giving the team and Marty Biron two MUCH needed wins and killing us all because now we have to wait even longer to crown Martin Brodeur the King of All, and we will continue to be reminded EVERY DAY about his QUEST. Boooooooo.

Someone screwed up the ice surface at TD Banknorth Garden and as a result the goalies changed ends half way through the third period, Winter Classic style. Awesome. I mean the Bruins have only been around LIKE 80 YEARS, you can't expect them to have this whole "accurate measurement" thing down JUST YET.

WCB Watch

Ducks at Habs

Getzy scored a goal in the Ducks win and ONCE AGAIN, a team (the Canadiens) had 51 shots on goal and LOST. Thomas Plekanec had 13!!

ETA: Apparently the Hurricanes had 60 shots on goal Saturday night. WHAT IS GOING ON!?!

ETA2: My BAD, the Islanders had 60 shots, the Hurricanes FACED 60 shots and Cam Ward made 57 saves. WOWZAS.


No impacted tooth can hold him down!

Sharks at Lightning

Can someone please explain to me how Barry Melrose still has a job? Hell, Ted Nolan's got nothing to do these days, hire him!

Once again the Sharks had a crazy number of shots, 45, but this time, they actually WON 3-0, Pickles lead the team in ice time by more than 5 minutes, but managed to still only end with an even +/-.

Kings at Predators

JP scored for the Preds toward a 5-4 win!!! Greener still managed to be +1 with 2 shots. The Kings' PK was finally broken :(


You can barely see JP on the right, but I wanted to point out 2 other things:
The pink butt end of Martin Erat's stick
And that tool shed in the stands who actually purchased one of those vomit/mustard yellow third jerseys

Blue Jackets at Wild

OWEN NOLAN CAME OFF OF IR, GOT AN ASSIST AND THEN SCORED THE GAME WINNING GOAL!!!!!!! YAY!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Oh yeah, and both we and the Wild are STILL unbeaten in regulation. This is getting feisty.


RAWWWWWR!!

Caps at Stars

Uhhh, this one wasn't pretty for Marty Turco, so let's move on..

Red Wings at Blackhawks

Sharpie got an assist and Brett Lebda had 9 minutes of ice time.... and the game went into OT... ouch.... maybe I need to re-evaluate my Red Wings WCB.

I really still love Britney Spears new music. I cannot pretend I don't. I really like Womanizer. Its really fun. I don't love the video, but she's look FIERCE these days. TEAM BRITNEY. What, hockey blog? Oh right!

Panthers at Blues

Jay McKee was +1. woo.

Keith Ballard must've been really upset to learn he would've been my 'Yotes WCB because he took 18 minutes in penalties including a game misconduct (10 mins) and 2 unsportsmanlike conducts. NOT COOL, KEITH, NOT COOL.


JKee's keeping an eye on things


I know this isn't JKee but the look on that Blues' face cracked me up

Flames at 'Yotes

The love of my life (Iggy) had a 3 point night (1+2) in a 4-1 Flames win!!!!!

Oilers at Canucks

Big Bear had an assist but was -2. Ethan Moreau (Oilers WCB) had 4 PIM and somehow managed to stay at even +/- in the 6-3 loss to Vancouver. Interesting (but really only interesting to me) fact: both my WCBs in this game wear #18.


Unrelated: Luke Schenn (Toronto 2008 draft pick) fought Chris Neil (we all know who he is) about 1 minute into the game. I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE YOUTUBE CLIPS!!!! I hope Schenn won!!

Pirates won tonight, 5-4. Gerbe netted another 2 goals, and TK got an assist, further extending his point streak. Yay!!!


Nathan Gerbe hearts the ta-tas

Baby Millsy was the second star of the night for the AHL on Friday. He had a 3 point night (1+2). Awww, yay! A dude named Wacey Rabbit was #1, and really how much harder can your life rock if you're kicking things off by being named Wacey Rabbit?

Tomorrow can be completely dedicated to football, woooo!!

2 comments:

  1. Nathan Gerbe hearts the ta-tas

    I'm sure he does. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure he does. ;)


    Owwwwwww!!! Gerbe-Derby!! I wonder if he has a ladylove who fully appreciates his awesomeness?!?

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want me to use them, just shoot me an email and I'll take them down.

The Los Angeles Kings logo and Buffalo Sabres logo used in the title bar are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League; no copyright infringement is intended. If anyone is offended by anything I've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller Shutout" - A 58 minute, multi-goal shutout lead that is blown when Miller allows one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes. Because Butter Snap pretzels, like the Carolina Hurricanes, are disgusting
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Oscar - Anne's cat

Because it's never not funny

Completely adorable